News & Notes
Tonight, ABC has the series finale of Family Tools, CBS has the first season finale of The American Baking Competition, and NBC has the series premiere of Camp.
Over on cable, Food Network has the third season finale of Mystery Diners, FX has the series premiere of The Bridge, MTV has the 24th season premiere of The Real World/Road Rules Challenge, and Travel Channel has the first season finale of Dig Wars.
Melissa & Joey (ABC Family): New. Mel finds out that Austin doesn’t want to have children. Joe is confused by his latest relationship. Another episode replays later. Two previous episodes replay right before.
Baby Daddy (ABC Family): New. Bonnie decides to host a book club, but things go downhill fast after her mother and Bonnie invite themselves to it. Another repeat episode follows. Two previous episodes replay earlier this evening.
Royal Pains (USA Network): New. Hank and Divya treat a doggy day care owner. Jeremiah looks into the health of a local shock-jock. Paige pursues a career opportunity. Plays again later.
The Bridge (FX): Series Premiere. Two detectives from opposite sides of the U.S.-Mexican border end up working together after a body is found on the bridge between Texas and Mexico. Runs 91 minutes. Plays four times. Fantastic show with some great performances. It’s a bit of a slow mover, but definitely worth checking out. I’ve seen the first three and am looking forward to seeing more.
- Camp (NBC): Series Premiere. Little Otter Family Camp director, Mack, is thinking about selling the arrogant owner of the upscale resort across the lake. Mack’s son vows to make his first summer as a counselor in training legendary. Plays again Friday night. Fun little show in the vein of the movie Meatballs. Stars Rachel Griffiths (Brothers & Sisters).
- Franklin & Bash (TNT): New. Peter and Jared take the case of an actuary that gets accused of murder after purchasing a dying woman’s life insurance policy. Plays again later.
- Necessary Roughness (USA Network): New. Dani takes on the case of a self-help guru who doesn’t believe in talk therapy. TK runs into some problems with Sheera. Nico continues to gather information. Plays again later. A very good episode that ratchet things up for the series.
- Twisted (ABC Family): Repeat. Last night’s episode, “The Fest and the Furious,” replays.
- ESPN has an MLB game tonight with the Oakland Athletics at the Pittsburgh Pirates.
- Falling Skies (TNT): Repeat. This past Sunday’s episode, “Be Silent and Come Out,” replays.
Wednesday TV Marathons
The Andy Griffith Show (TV Land): Has 11 episodes early.
Castle (TNT): Five episodes.
Flashpoint (ION): Six episodes tonight and into late night.
Law & Order: Criminal Intent (ION): Five episodes today.
NCIS (USA Network): Eight episodes.
Sanford and Son (TV One): Has 12 episodes early.