News & Notes
On cable tonight, E! has a Pop Innovators: Will.i.am special, HBO has the second season premiere of The Newsroom, and Travel Channel has the series premiere of Adam Richman’s Fandemonium.
The Simpsons (FOX): Repeat. The “Pulpit Fiction” episode from this past season replays, where a new and trendy pastor wants Homer to be a deacon, but it goes to his head. Runs 30 minutes.
Dexter (Showtime): New. Dexter continues looking for the “Brain Surgeon.” Dr. Vogel attempts to convince Dexter that he is perfect just the way he is. Deb’s PTSD really kicks in. Plays again later two times. Last week’s episode, “Every Silver Lining,” replays earlier this evening.
Falling Skies (TNT): New. The Masons run into a family of outlaws. Doubts arise over the construction of the alien weapon. Problems come up in the investigation to find the killer. Plays twice. Last week’s episode, “Be Silent and Come Out,” replays earlier today.
- Copper (BBC America): New. A cop killer is being looked for. Annie creates some problems. Elizabeth joins the search for Sara’s mother. Plays multiple times tonight.
- Crossing Lines (NBC): New. The team is tracking kidnappers of a wealthy teen and Anne-Marie finds a link between the kidnapping and another case.
- Devious Maids (Lifetime): New. Things get complicated for Zoila after Genevieve’s brother comes for a visit. Rosie wants to help Spence with his marriage. Alejandro lets Carmen attend a party he is hosting as a guest. Marisol works a fundraiser being held at the Powell house. Starts a minute after the hour and runs 61 minutes. Plays again later.
- Drop Dead Diva (Lifetime): New. Jane has to work a case with Owen involving a teen that was accused of cheating on the SAT. Jane wants Paul to keep an eye on Stacy. Runs 61 minutes. Plays again later.
- Food Network Star (Food Network): New. The remaining contestants have to use a strange ingredient to create a dish for an auction for adventurous food eaters. Plays again later.
- The Killing (AMC): New. Sarah has gone missing. A secret gets revealed. Plays three times. Last week’s episode, “Hope Kills,” replays earlier this morning.
- The Newsroom (TNT): Season Premiere. Will and the staff are being questioned by a lawyer. Will gets himself pulled from Sept. 11 anniversary coverage after a poor comment. Jim covers for a reporter on the Romney campaign. Neal is investigating the Occupy Wall Street movement as it begins. Plays again later. The first season replays today on HBO2.
- Ray Donovan (Showtime): New. Mickey is spending time with Bunchy and Terry. Ray attempts to get a hip hop artist for his rapping neighbor. Ezra puts on a fundraiser. Mickey gets approached by the FBI. Plays again later two times. Last week’s episode, “???,” replays earlier this evening.
- ESPN has Sunday Night Baseball MLB action tonight with the St. Louis Cardinals at the Chicago Cubs.
- NBC has final round coverage of the U.S. Senior Open golf tournament.
- TBS has MLB action today with the Texas Rangers at the Detroit Tigers.
- Burn Notice (USA Network): Repeat. This past Thursday’s episode, “Exit Plan,” replays.
Sunday TV Marathons
7th Heaven (UPtv): Five episodes today.
CSI: Miami (WE tv): Seven episodes tonight.
Flashpoint (ION): Five episodes.
The Jamie Foxx Show (Centric): Has 20 episodes.
Law & Order: Criminal Intent (ION): Nine episodes tonight and into late night.
NCIS (USA Network): Six episodes tonight.
The Newsroom (HBO2): All 10 first season episodes play.
Rectify (AMC): All six first season episodes play.