News & Notes
Over on cable, Cinemax has the third season premiere of Strike Back, Discovery Channel has a Great White Gauntlet special, Starz has the series finale of Magic City and the series premiere of The White Queen, and TLC has the 10th fall season premiere of What Not to Wear.
Bones (FOX): Repeat. “The Doom in the Gloom” episode from this past season replays, where the team ends up investigating a group that is preparing for the apocalypse.
Magic City (Starz): Series Finale. Ike and Ben’s future is in doubt. Klein thinks about taking Ike’s offer. For Stevie and Lily the end is near. Vera deals with overwhelming grief. Plays again later two times. Starz recently announce that it will not be picking the show up for a third season.
Continuum (Syfy): New. Kiera gets taken by some of Julian’s followers. Alec attempts to track Travis by reactivating his military chip. Plays again later.
- Strike Back (Cinemax): Season Premiere. Scott and Stonebridge are trying to enjoy some well-deserved time off, but get called back after another Section 20 member is killed while on the trail of the elusive terrorist al-Zuhari in Beirut. Plays three times. All 10 episodes of season two replay earlier today.
- The White Queen (Starz): Series Premiere. A romance between Lancastrian commoner Elizabeth Woodville and Yorkist King Edward IV leads to a wedding in secret and a new queen of England. Two female rivals for the crown plan to take down the new queen. Starts three minute before the hour and runs 63 minutes. Plays again tomorrow night.
- MLB Network has a game tonight.
- TNT has second round coverage of the PGA Championship golf tournament.
- King & Maxwell (TNT): Repeat. This past Monday’s episode, “Locked In,” replays.
- Necessary Roughness (USA Network): Repeat. This past Wednesday’s episode, “The Games Afoot,” replays.
- The Newsroom (HBO): Repeat. This past Sunday’s episode, “Unintended Consequences,” replays.
Friday TV Marathons
Breaking Bad (AMC): Has 14 episodes today and into late night.
Cold Case (ION): Has 14 episodes.
CSI: Crime Scene Investigation (USA Network): Five episodes today.
Friends (TV Land): Has 14 episodes tonight and into late night.
Good Times (TV One): Has 14 episodes early.
Law & Order: Special Victims Unit (USA Network): Seven episodes tonight.
New York Undercover (Centric): Nine episodes early.
Scandal (BET): Has 14 episodes today.
Strike Back (Cinemax): Has all 10 season two episodes today.