News & Notes
On cable tonight, Discovery Channel has a Gold Rush: The Dirt special and the series premiere of Alaskan Steel Men, Reelz has the series premiere of Cracked, and Syfy has the second season finale of Continuum.
Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives (Food Network): Repeats. Guy checks out some places with “Old Time Attitude” and then partakes of “All Kinds of Classics.” Both play again later.
Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives (Food Network): Repeats. Guy seeks out “Pizza, Pancakes & Pork,” and then goes for some “Streamlined Sammies.” Both play again later.
Continuum (Syfy): Season Finale. Kiera attempts to rescue Alec and hopefully get a chance to be sent back home to her time. Alec has to make some tough decisions after learning some new information. Plays again later. The previous 12 episodes of the season replay earlier today. Get ready for some big reveals. So glad there is going to be a third season given how things end.
- Strike Back (Cinemax): Repeats. The first three episodes of season three replay.
- ESPN has college football action with Texas Tech at SMU.
- ESPN2 has early round coverage of the U.S. Open tennis tournament.
- Golf Channel has Round 1 coverage of the Deutsche Bank Championship golf tournament.
- MLB Network has a game tonight.
- The Newsroom (HBO): Repeat. This past Sunday’s episode, “Red Team III,” replays.
Friday TV Marathons
Cold Case (ION): Has 14 episodes.
Continuum (Syfy): Has 12 episodes.
CSI: Crime Scene Investigation (USA Network): Five episodes today.
Good Times (TV One): Has 14 episodes early.
Law & Order: Special Victims Unit (USA Network): Has 10 episodes.
Malcolm in the Middle (IFC): Has 28 episodes starting early.
Star Trek: The Next Generation (BBC America): Five episodes that play twice.
The Steve Harvey Show (Centric): Has 20 episodes early.