We’ve covered Mondays, so now on to Tuesdays in this night-by-night look at what is worth watching for the Fall 2013 TV season. There is a lot more to choose from scripted-wise overall on Tuesday nights, including a couple extra options on cable as opposed to Monday.
What’s Worth Watching on Tuesdays – Fall TV 2013
|Network||First Hour||Second Hour||Third Hour|
|Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (9.24)||The Goldbergs (9.24)||Trophy Wife (9.24)||Lucky 7 (9.24)|
|NCIS (9.24)||NCIS: Los Angeles (9.24)||Person of Interest (9.24)|
|The Originals (10.08, 10.03 after TVD)||Supernatural (10.08)|
|Dads (9.17)||Brooklyn Nine-Nine (9.17)||New Girl (9.17)||The Mindy Project (9.17)|
|The Biggest Loser (10.08)||The Voice (9.24)||Chicago Fire (9.24)|
|Cable||First Hour||Second Hour||Third Hour|
|Sons of Anarchy (9.10)|
|Key:||Prime Picks (Watch)||Solid Selections (DVR)||Other Options (DVR2)||Other Options (OnDemand)||New Show (Premieres)||TBD|
The grid is color-coded for Prime Picks, Solid Selections, and Other Options. Just like how the daily Tonight on the Tube posts are organized. It’s best, second best and the rest that is still worth watching. Basically, if it has a color, I plan on watching it. So, I’m looking at potentially 10 hours of TV on Tuesdays. But, since I watch most stuff either via DVR or OnDemand, it’s actually closer to seven and a half hours.
A Few Notes on Tuesday Nights
- Brooklyn Nine-Nine is one of my favorite new shows of the fall. Yes, it feels a bit like an extended Saturday Night Live sketch in the beginning, but nicely moves beyond that by the end. If you don’t like Andy Samberg on the other hand, you may not like this either. But, Samberg bouncing off of Andre Braugher (Men of a Certain Age, Homicide: Life on the Streets) looks like it will be a lot of fun. It’s feels a little like Barney Miller, except they actually leave the precinct for investigations in this one.
- Dads is just as bad as you’ve probably heard. I’ve seen the first two and it is just feels lazy. They go for the easy racial, age, etc. “joke,” but with no cleverness or point of view. Yet, beyond that, it’s just not funny. So far it’s a giant waste of a very talented cast.
- The Goldbergs is pretty good. It’s basically The Wonder Years set in the 1980s with its family structure and voiceover. But, I have a fondness for things set in the 80s, since that is when I grew up.
- Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is the only one of the 27 new network scripted series premiering this fall that I have yet to see, but am very much looking forward to it.
- The Originals premise is much better than the introduction we got as part of The Vampire Diaries at the end of last season. I’ll probably be watching, but mostly I am just really glad Klaus will no longer be on Diaries.
- Trophy Wife is also pretty good. It has a great cast with lots of potential and is one of my favorites of the new season. The title is a little misleading, so you shouldn’t let that deter you from watching.
For more on the Fall 2013 TV Season check out the Ultimate Guide to the Fall TV Schedule 2013, listen to my Fall TV Previews over at TVtimesThree.com or find out more about downloading the Printable Fall 2013 TV Schedules.
What shows will you be watching on Tuesdays for Fall 2013?