News & Notes
Next Monday, The CW has the third season premiere of Hart of Dixie and the second season premiere of Beauty and the Beast.
How I Met Your Mother (CBS): New. Lily doesn’t like being the only one that knows about Ted’s plans for his future. Barney and Robin want to spend some time alone before all their family members begin to arrive. Runs 30 minutes.
Sleepy Hollow (FOX): New. The Sandman starts to infiltrate Abbie’s dreams, which leads her to face her past. Ichabod attempts to help Abbie defeat the Sandman.
Castle (ABC): New. Beckett is on the hunt for a stolen toxin that could kill millions and Castle has already been exposed. Starts a minute after the hour and runs 59 minutes.
Bones (FOX): New. The burnt remains of a gang member are found and the team investigates.
Mom (CBS): New. Bonnie and Christy work together to deal with a family matter. Starts at the half hour after 2 Broke Girls and runs 30 minutes. Have seen the first three episodes and there are signs that characters may actually be allowed to develop, which is not something that happens often in a Chuck Lorre created comedy. Or, if it does happen, it doesn’t last long. This show could turn into something really good, if they actually evolve the story forward. Will give it a few more episodes to see which way it will go.
The Blacklist (NBC): New. Red and Liz go undercover in an attempt to stop an assassin. Liz is trying to figure out what to do about Tom and the box she found. Starts a minute after the hour and runs 59 minutes.
- Breaking Bad (AMC): Repeat. Last night’s series finale episode, “Felina,” replays. Runs 75 minutes.
- Homeland (Showtime): Repeat. Last night’s third season premiere episode, “Tin Man Is Down,” replays. Plays again later.
- Hostages (CBS): New. With the surgery now postponed, the family will monitored wherever they go by Duncan’s team until the new surgery date. Starts a minute after the hour and runs 59 minutes. Well, after watching the first three episodes, the time frame for the fifteen episodes looks to be two weeks after the events of the “Pilot.” So, each episode basically ends up being a day. It also becomes a bigger and bigger convoluted mess of a situation between the hostages, the hostage takers and the people that want the president dead. Yet, I’m still onboard for now.
- Masters of Sex (Showtime): Repeat. Last night’s series premiere episode, “Pilot,” replays. Runs 65 minutes. Plays again later.
- ESPN has Monday Night Football action with the Miami Dolphins at the New Orleans Saints.
Monday TV Marathons
Castle (TNT): Six episodes tonight.
Criminal Minds (ION): Has 11 episodes.
CSI: Miami (WE tv): Five episodes tonight.
Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives (Food Network): Has 12 episodes tonight.
Law & Order: Criminal Intent (Oxygen): Six episodes that play twice.
Martin (TV One): Has 12 episodes early.
NCIS: Los Angeles (USA Network): Has 14 episodes.
Touched by an Angel (UPtv): Five episodes tonight.