New Girl Season 2 arrives in stores today, Tuesday, October 1st, 2013 and thanks to @FoxHomeEnt and Think Jam promotions, TVaholic has one copy of the DVD to give away. All you have to do is follow the easy instructions below, which pretty much amounts to answering a question in the comments section on this post. Good Luck!
What Is the Prize?
- One copy of New Girl: The Complete Second Season DVD set. The romantic tension between Jess (Emmy® Nominee Zooey Deschanel) and Nick (Jake Johnson) escalates in the hilarious, quirky second season of New Girl, but will they ever hook up? Meanwhile, Schmidt fails to be hip, Winston isn’t “prepared” for a hot date, and Nick faces a death in his dysfunctional family. While Jess does her best to replace Cece on a modeling job and a drunk Elvis impersonator at a funeral, Schmidt and Winston hope to rearrange Cece’s arranged marriage. Relive all 25 outrageous episodes featuring guest stars like Jamie Lee Curtis, Rob Reiner and Dennis Farina, and enjoy fun bonus material – including the extended version of the hugely popular “Virgins” episode – only available on the DVD.
How Do I Enter?
Leave a comment on this post below answering the following:
- Who is your favorite New Girl character and what’s your favorite one-liner they’ve delivered?
Here are 10 possibilities from season two:
- Jess: “I am throwing Cece’s surprise bachelorette party here tonight, and the only males invited are strippers, so oil up or get out, guys.”
- Schmidt: “Please take that off, you look like a homeless pencil.”
- Nick: “I’m just trying to figure out the level of Elvis impersonator we can afford. I think a white one is out of reach.”
- Schmidt: “Maybe none of us should go to this funeral. The early buzz on this thing is it’s gonna be a real drag.”
- Jess: “I don’t want to kiss and tell, but I ruined my dresser during intercourse. Will you go to Ikea with me?”
- Nick: “I can’t believe I’m the sober one. That’s actually never happened before in my life.”
- Jess: “You’re dating a stripper, I’m dating a tall handsome doctor. We’re kinda living the dream.”
- Schmidt: “You are a gynecologist and a lesbian. This makes you a vagenius.”
- Jess: “If any of you cross me, I’m gonna kick the testicles clean off your bodies! Clean off! You’ll look like Ken dolls down there!”
- Nick: “If you were a hat, you’d be a top hat, but like a really big Monopoly one. And I say that with deepest compliments.”
Second chance option:
- Like TVaholic.com on Facebook and then add a second comment below saying you have done so.
What Are the Rules?
- Limit two entries per person. Subsequent entries will be disqualified. Must be 18 and a legal resident of the United States or Canada. Must include a valid name and email address, which we will only use to contact you, if your comment is selected as the winner. Odds of winning depend on number of legitimate entries. The use of automated devices to enter the giveaway is prohibited. There is no responsibility assumed by TVaholic.com for lost or late entries, or any computer, online telephone, or technical malfunctions that may occur.
- Each comment is time stamped and numbered. Entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. PT, Tuesday, October 15th, 2013. One number will be drawn at random using the random integer generator at Random.org and the corresponding comment will be selected as the winner.
- The winner will be notified via email. Overzealous spam filters can sometimes eat the message, so please check your spam folder or come back to this page to see if you’ve won. You will have until October 17th, 2013 to respond. Once the winner has responded with his/her U.S. or Canadian shipping address to claim his/her prize, the winner’s name and state/province will be added to this post. If you don’t respond in time, a new winner will be selected. Prizes lost, stolen, or damaged during shipping cannot be replaced and winners are responsible for any taxes resulting from the receipt of prizes. Any and all guarantees and warranties of prizes are subject to the manufacturer’s terms and conditions, and winners agree to contact the prize manufacturers for any such warranty or guarantee claim.
And the Winner Is
- #24 – Timothy Jay of Wheeling, IL is the winner of a New Girl Season 2 DVD.
Update 10.16.2013: Added winner information and sent email notification.
Pick ONE favorite quote? There are too many, but Schmidt has a lot of my favorites.
Schmidt: If you track my trajectory I’m gonna live to a 123 years old. Hello, Robot Sex.
Favorite character: Nick
Nick: I’m not ready to lose you. I just got you, Jess. And I’m not letting you go.
Nick: I meant something like that!
Winston is my favorite character, mostly because he doesn’t seem to have a storyline.
“You were denied a cell phone because you have the credit score of a homeless ghost.”
Nick is crazy good. Fave line from above: “I can’t believe I’m the sober one….”
Although any from this week’s episode would work for instance, the moon landing was not real. He could tell by the shadows.
Jess takes the cupcake!
Jess: “I am throwing Cece’s surprise bachelorette party here tonight, and the only males invited are strippers, so oil up or get out, guys.”
Liked you on FB!
Like on tvaholic Facebook page
liked you on FB
i love jessi. she is the show. but they are all great. for the quote, i might get this partially wrong, but here goes. “Why are you talking to me like a James Taylor song.”
Jess- Jess: “I am throwing Cece’s surprise bachelorette party here tonight, and the only males invited are strippers, so oil up or get out, guys.” – See more at: http://www.tvaholic.com/2013/10/01/dvd-giveaway-new-girl-season-two/#sthash.paPpM5Ho.dpuf
liked you on facebook long ago !!!!!
I like schmidt’s comment “please take that off you look like a homeless pencil” which I think is hilarious. I am very sorry that he and Cece broke up.
I remember Nick saying “I can’t believe I’m the sober one. That’s actually never happened before in my life”.
Schmidt is my favorite. I love the flashbacks to his and Nick ‘s college days when Schmidt was fat. One of my favorite Schmidt-isms is: “Damn it! I can’t find my driving moccasins anywhere!” All the characters really have great lines. The writing is awesome.
Favorite character: Schmidt
“Winston, your sister got so hot! I’m gonna have to Shaq attack her! May I have your blessing? Because I’m gonna be like dribbling up the court, illegal sexual foul – boom! Illegal use of hands – boom!” –Season 2, Episode 2
Liked you on Facebook – Andrew Pham
“Pine has no place in this loft. It’s the wood of poor people and outhouses.” Schmidt
Just liked you on Facebook! :)
“You are a gynecologist and a lesbian. This makes you a vagenius.”
From the one liners you mentioned, my favorite is:
Nick: “I’m just trying to figure out the level of Elvis impersonator we can afford. I think a white one is out of reach.”
My all time favorite is from this season:
Schmidt: “I wouldn’t even know how to begin to steal a swag.”
I “liked” you on fb :)
I like jess. a quote I like is “So, would you like to freak?
I like you on FB.
favorites: Nick: “I can’t believe I’m the sober one. That’s actually never happened before in my life.”
Also I like on FB Timothy Jay
I’ve never seen this show but after looking at the provided quotes, I like this one the best.
Jess: “I don’t want to kiss and tell, but I ruined my dresser during intercourse. Will you go to Ikea with me?”
hands down my favorite one-liner
Schmidt: “You are a gynecologist and a lesbian. This makes you a vagenius.” – See more at: http://www.tvaholic.com/2013/10/01/dvd-giveaway-new-girl-season-two/#sthash.LDaBFNWB.dpuf
My alltime fave is Nick when he says “Yes! I’ve never jumped out of a moving car before! That was badass!”
Jess is my favorite. I don’t want to kiss and tell, but I ruined my dresser during intercourse.
Thanks to all that entered. Four of the TVaholic Facebook page likes entries don’t show up on Facebook, so that secondary entry will be disqualified. Good luck to the rest?