News & Notes
Tonight, The CW has the second season premiere of Arrow and the series premiere of The Tomorrow People.
Over on cable, Cooking Channel has the series premiere of Best in Chow, Food Network has the season finale of Mystery Diners, FX has the third season premiere of American Horror Story, History has the sixth season premiere of American Pickers, and Syfy has the ninth season premiere of Ghost Hunters.
DirecTV has the series premiere of Full Circle and the fourth season premieres of Call Me Fitz and Less Than Kind.
Arrow (The CW): Season Premiere. Felicity and Diggle are looking for Oliver. Isabel Rochey, played by Summer Glau, is preparing a hostile takeover of Queen Consolidated. Roy attempts to fill the void left by the Hood’s absence. Very much looking forward to the return of this show.
Modern Family (ABC): New. Tonight is the 100th episode. Cam’s sister comes for a visit. Gloria won’t admit she needs glasses. Runs 31 minutes.
Nashville (ABC): New. Rayna and Teddy’s divorce becomes final. Peggy wants to get Teddy back. Juliette takes a gig at the home of a billionaire for an anniversary party.
Revolution (NBC): New. Rachel attempts to rescue Miles. Charlie and Adam don’t agree on what to do with Monroe.
The Tomorrow People (The CW): Series Premiere. Stephen is a high school student that thinks his is going crazy when he begins to hear voices and wake up in places not knowing how he got there. He begins to listen to the voice and is taken to meet a genetically advanced race known as the Tomorrow People. Enjoyed the “Pilot” episode quite a bit, especially it going in a direction that you might not expect from how a show like this tends to work. Definitely interested to see where it goes from there. I talked about The Tomorrow People premiere and the rest of The CW fall lineup with @CarlaDay and @mekeishamadto on The CW Fall Preview episode of TV times Three.
American Horror Story: Coven (FX): Season Premiere. A young girl starts to discover that she has a strange genetic affliction that traces back to the days of Salem. Runs 72 minutes. Plays twice and again later.
- Back in the Game (ABC): New. Terry thinks that if she can find a girlfriend for the Cannon, it might make him be a little nicer. Starts at the half hour after The Middle and runs 30 minutes.
- Criminal Minds (CBS): New. The BAU team works a sniper case in Dallas that coincides with the anniversary of the Kennedy assassination.
- Homeland (Showtime): Repeat. This past Sunday night’s episode, “Uh… Oh… Ah…,” replays.
- Strike Back (Cinemax): Repeat. This past Friday night’s episode replays. The previous seven episodes replay right before.
- TBS has MLB Playoff action tonight with the decisive Game 5 between the Pittsburgh Pirates at the St. Louis Cardinals.
- The Bridge (FX): Repeat. Last week’s first season finale episode, “The Crazy Place,” replays.
Wednesday TV Marathons
Castle (TNT): Seven episodes tonight.
Flashpoint (ION): Six episodes tonight and into late night.
Law & Order: Criminal Intent (ION): Seven episodes today.
NCIS (USA Network): Seven episodes.
NCIS: Los Angeles (USA Network): Seven episodes early.
Sanford and Son (TV One): Has 12 episodes early.
Strike Back (Cinemax): The first eight season three episodes.
The Walking Dead (AMC): Five episodes tonight.