News & Notes
On cable tonight, A&E has the fourth season premiere of American Hoggers, ABC Family has the Pretty Little Liars Halloween Special followed by the series premiere of Ravenswood, CNBC has the second season premiere of The Car Chasers, History has the series premiere of American Daredevils, Lifetime has the series premiere of Chasing Nashville, MTV has the third fall second premiere of Awkward., TBS has the series premiere of Trust Me, I’m a Game Show Host, and TNT has the first season finale of Cold Justice.
In late night, Syfy has the first season finale of Fangasm.
Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (ABC): New. The team heads to Asia where a young girl may hold the key to a mystery. Skye’s relationship with the team may be in jeopardy. Runs 61 minutes.
New Girl (FOX): New. Jess tries to reconnect with Cece by throwing a Halloween party. The loft mates attempt to cheer up Schmidt.
Trophy Wife (ABC): New. Pete and Kate are looking to figure out how to spend some time together. Jackie puts up an online dating profile. Starts a minute after the half hour and runs 29 minutes.
Sons of Anarchy (FX): New. The MC attempts to strengthen things, but moves may actually destroy the club. Runs 75 minutes. Plays three times.
Pretty Little Liars (ABC Family): New Special. The girls decide to crash the Ravenswood Founders Day Celebration after they find out that Ali might actually be alive. Caleb meets someone also headed to Ravenswood while on his way to help the girls. Plays again later.
The Goldbergs (ABC): New. The kids learn about their father’s romantic past. Adam falls for a neighbor girl. Starts a minute after the hour and runs 30 minutes.
The Mindy Project (FOX): New. Mindy ends up at an MMA fight with the guys thinking they are headed somewhere else.
Person of Interest (CBS): New. Shaw has to keep close to a 10-year-old girl who has some highly developed surveillance skills of her own. Starts a minute after the hour and runs 59 minutes.
- Awkward. (MTV): Fall Premiere. Jenna hooks up with Colin. Plays again later.
- Brooklyn Nine-Nine (FOX): New. Amy has to go on patrol with Charles in costume. Jake thinks he can steal Holt’s Medal of Valor. Starts at the half hour after Dads and runs 30 minutes. FOX has picked the show up for a full season.
- Homeland (SHO2): Repeat. This past Sunday night’s episode, “Game On,” replays. Plays again later on Showtime.
- Masters of Sex (SHO2): Repeat. This past Sunday night’s episode, “Thank You for Coming,” replays. Plays again later on Showtime.
- NCIS (CBS): New. DiNozzo harkens back to his time in the Baltimore Police Department.
- NCIS: Los Angeles (CBS): New. The girlfriend of a former Navy officer gets abducted and some demands get made for classified intel. Deeks breaks one of Hetty’s rules. Runs 61 minutes.
- The Originals (The CW): New. Davina gets Marcel to let her attend a big street musical festival. Hayley gets some shocking news from a doctor.
- Ravenswood (ABC Family): Series Premiere. Caleb decides to stay in Ravenswood to help out a new friend and has to deal with some unfriendly locals that makes him begin to rethink things. Another new friend helps Caleb begin to investigate some of the strange occurrences in the town. Runs 61 minutes. Plays twice and again later. Interesting mystery gets setup and the show is well done on the eerily spooky scale, but I have a problem with this show being attached to Pretty Little Liars. They now take place in the same world, but there has never been anything supernatural about Liars and this show seems to be all about that type of stuff. Would probably like it better if it wasn’t spinning off of Liars. Maybe once it kind of distances itself from the previous, it will be better.
- Strike Back (MoMAX): Repeat. This past Friday night’s third season finale episode replays.
- ESPN2 has college football action with Louisiana (Lafayette) at Arkansas State.
- Strike Back (Cinemax): Repeat. This past Friday night’s third season finale episode replays.
Tuesday TV Marathons
Castle (TNT): Six episodes tonight.
Criminal Minds (ION): Nine episodes.
The Jeffersons (TV One): Has 12 episodes early.
Law & Order: Special Victims Unit (USA Network): Has 12 episodes.
Pretty Little Liars (ABC Family): Has 10 episodes.
Star Trek: The Next Generation (BBC America): Five episodes tonight.
Will & Grace (WEtv): Has 24 episodes tonight and into late night.