News & Notes
Tonight, The CW has the second season premiere of The Carrie Diaries and The iHeartRadio Album Release Party With Katy Perry special and NBC has the third season premiere of Grimm and the series premiere of Dracula.
Over on cable, Bravo has the series premiere of Styled to Rock, Cinemax has the season premiere of Strike Back: Origins, Cooking Channel has the series premiere of Come Date With Me, Discovery Channel has a Gold Rush: The Dirt – New Ground special and the fifth season premiere of Gold Rush, Hallmark Channel has the TV movie premiere of The Hunters, Lifetime Movie Network has the TV movie premiere of Clara’s Deadly Secret, and Showtime has a Springsteen & I special.
The Carrie Diaries (The CW): Season Premiere. Carrie wants to make the most of her summer in Manhattan after finding out her boyfriend and her best friend betrayed her. Tom learns about Dorrit’s boyfriend.
Grimm (NBC): Season Premiere. Juliette, Monroe, Rosalee and Hank continue to fend off the zombies. Capt. Renard attempts to rescue Nick from his brother. Adalind has a gruesome task to accomplish.
Haven (Syfy): New. Nathan and Lexie are after a troubled person that attacks people in their nightmares. Duke tries to deal with his brother. Plays again later.
Last Man Standing (ABC): New. Mike thinks Kyle is too distracted at work. Mike also worries about Boyd’s new school. Runs 31 minutes.
Hawaii Five-0 (CBS): New. A surveillance job turns out to be deadly. Adam considers making a sacrifice to save Kono.
Strike Back: Origins (Cinemax): Season Premiere. The lives of two former soldiers; military hero Hugh Collinson, played by Andrew Lincoln (The Walking Dead), and discharged veteran John Porter, played by Richard Armitage (Robin Hood), become entangled. Plays twice. Last week’s third season finale of Strike Back replays right before over on MoMAX. I’ve been looking forward to getting a chance to see how this series began before Cinemax got involved in the production.
- Blue Bloods (CBS): New. Danny and Baez are looking for a girl they believe to have been kidnapped, but her mother says she hasn’t.
- Dracula (NBC): Series Premiere. Dracula takes on the persona of American alternate energy man Alan Grayson who has come to England to avenge the death of his wife. I’ve seen the first three episodes and this show is pretty terrible. Much of it doesn’t make sense and Dracula is set up as the anti-hero out to get the group responsible his wife’s death years earlier. But, he goes about killing innocent barmaids etc. willy-nilly, which makes it hard to follow him as the central character out for revenge. I will say that the costuming and set pieces are done really well, but that is about it.
- Masters of Sex (Showtime): Repeat. This past Sunday night’s episode, “Thank You for Coming,” replays. Plays again later.
- The Walking Dead (AMC): Repeat. This past Sunday night’s episode, “Infected,” replays. Plays again later.
- Witches of East End (CBS): Repeats. The first three episodes replay tonight. All three play again later.
- ESPN has college football action with Boise State at BYU.
- Homeland (Showtime): Repeat. This past Sunday night’s episode, “Game On,” replays.
Friday TV Marathons
Charmed (Lifetime): Seven episodes today.
Cold Case (ION): Has 14 episodes.
CSI: Crime Scene Investigation (USA Network): Seven episodes early.
Good Times (TV One): Has 14 episodes early.
Law & Order: Special Victims Unit (USA Network): Seven episodes today.
Supernatural (TNT): Has 11 episodes.