News & Notes
Tonight, The CW has the fourth season premiere of Nikita and NBC has a Where Were You: The Day JFK Died Reported by Tom Brokaw news special.
Over on cable, BBC America has a Doctor Who: Doctor Who Explained special followed by the TV movie premiere of An Adventure in Space and Time, HBO has the 11th season finale of Real Time With Bill Maher, and History has a Lee Harvey Oswald: 48 Hours to Live.
Today, Amazon releases the first three episodes, which are free to everybody, of their new comedy series Betas, about a group of friends that created an app and are looking for investors to start a company. The next eight episodes will then be available on a weekly basis to Amazon Prime members.
Listen to the latest TV times Three Podcast: Ep.204, “Almost Raising the Elementary Blacklist Floor.” On this episode I am joined by @mytakeontv and @tvismypacifier. We talk a little news and then discuss the recent episodes of The Blacklist, Elementary, Ground Floor, Raising Hope, Almost Human and The Mentalist.
Bones (FOX): New. The body of a food scientist is found after having been put through a meat grinder.
Nikita (The CW): Season Premiere. Nikita is on the run by herself after having been framed for assassinating the president. Check out some video interviews with the Nikita cast and creator, where they talk about the final season of the show.
Haven (Syfy): New. A couple of monster hunters come to Haven and threaten to tell the whole world about what is going on in the town. Plays again later.
Last Man Standing (ABC): New. Mike’s dad makes a big announcement at Thanksgiving that Mike thinks sets a bad example for his kids. Runs 31 minutes.
Raising Hope (FOX): New. In the first episode, Sabrina finds out that Jimmy never went on a family trip and thinks Hope shouldn’t miss out on such an adventure. In the second episode, Virginia doesn’t like what she sees after getting glasses.
Strike Back: Origins (Cinemax): New. A missile guidance system has been hacked. Porter is sent after Baxter. Plays twice. Last week’s episode replays right before over on MoMAX.
- An Adventure in Space and Time (BBC America): TV Movie Premiere. Fictionalized story of the people who created Doctor Who in 1963. Runs two hours. Plays again later.
- Blue Bloods (CBS): New. Baez’s brother is the prime suspect in a case.
- The Carrie Diaries (The CW): New. Carrie and Adam have fun in the city. Samantha poses nude for an art class and doesn’t like someone’s painting.
- Hawaii Five-0 (CBS): New. The team must stop an assassination attempt. Steve’s aunt Deb comes for a visit, played by guest star Caro Burnett.
- Masters of Sex (Showtime): Repeat. This past Sunday night’s episode, “Love and Marriage,” replays. Plays again later.
- ESPN has doubleheader NBA action tonight.
- ESPN2 has tripleheader college basketball action followed by college football action with Navy at San Jose State.
- FS1 has doubleheader college basketball action.
- The Walking Dead (AMC): Repeat. This past Sunday night’s episode, “Live Bait,” replays. Plays again later.
Friday TV Marathons
Castle (TNT): Five episodes tonight.
Cold Case (ION): Has 13 episodes.
CSI: Crime Scene Investigation (USA Network): Six episodes early.
Doctor Who (BBC America): Has 11 episodes.
Girlfriends (Centric): Has 20 episodes.
Good Times (TV One): Has 14 episodes early.
Wow! this is a great resource! We have been getting our info about our TV shows from the newspaper. You just blew that up (Demolition always precedes new and improved)! I’m listening to the podcast now and liking it. Keep it going!