TV Wednesday: Arrow, Mob City Series Premiere, The Tomorrow People & More
News & Notes
Tonight, NBC has a Christmas in Rockefeller Center special and a Saturday Night Live Christmas special.
Over on cable, Syfy has the series premiere of Killer Contact, TLC has the fifth winter season finale of Hoarding: Buried Alive, TNT has the series premiere of Mob City, and TV Land has the series premiere of Kirstie.
DirecTV has the fourth season finale of Call Me Fitz.
Arrow (The CW): New. CSI tech, Barry Allen, from Central City comes to Starling City to investigate what seems like an impossible robbery. Sin asks Roy for help after a friend goes missing. Get your first look at the future Flash in this fantastic episode.
The Tomorrow People (The CW): New. Things don’t go as planned and they accidentally abduct Jedikiah while trying to get inside his mind.
American Horror Story: Coven (FX): New. Cordelia tries to get the girls to help her stop Fiona. Misty ends up in the crosshairs of a new and dangerous enemy. Runs 64 minutes. Plays twice and again later.
Homeland (Showtime): Repeat. This past Sunday night’s episode, “Good Night,” replays.
Modern Family (ABC): New. Cam is very focused on the upcoming big football game. Phil wants to demonstrate optimism to his kids. Runs 31 minutes.
Nashville (ABC): New. Teddy doesn’t like that Maddie wants to spend some time with Deacon. Juliette is worried about having the spotlight stolen by Layla.
- Mob City (TNT): Series Premiere. In the first episode, a guy tries to bribe a police detective to protect him while trying to get a payoff for information he has on someone high up in the mob. In the second, the guy’s girlfriend is questioned about what she knows. Runs 129 minutes. Both episodes play again later. Solid recreation of the times and built around some famous criminal and other names you may have heard before, but maybe I missed something in the first hour. Not sure what the point of was and it didn’t hook me like I thought it might. It feels very much like things we’ve seen before in this genre. Two episodes will next Wednesday and the last two episodes will play the following Wednesday. So, it’s a small commitment and maybe it delves into a bigger story in the second hour tonight and going forward. Will you be checking this out tonight?
- Strike Back: Origins (Cinemax): Repeat. This past Friday night’s season finale episode replays.
- ESPN has doubleheader college basketball action with Maryland at Ohio State followed by North Carolina at Michigan State.
- ESPN2 has doubleheader college basketball action with Wisconsin at Virginia followed by Boston College at Purdue.
- FS1 has college basketball action with Pennsylvania at Villanova.
- NBA TV has a game tonight.
- Atlantis (BBC America): Repeat. Last Saturday’s episode, “A Girl by Any Other Name,” replays.
- Awkward. (MTV): Repeats. The last three episodes replay.
Wednesday TV Marathons
Flashpoint (ION): Six episodes tonight and into late night.
Law & Order: Criminal Intent (ION): Seven episodes today.
Law & Order: Special Victims Unit (USA Network): Has 10 episodes.
NCIS (USA Network): Seven episodes early.
Sanford and Son (TV One): Has 12 episodes early.