News & Notes
Over on cable, Cinemax has the second season premiere of Banshee and Syfy has the series premiere of Helix.
releases the first season finale episode of Alpha House today.
Bones (FOX): New. Brennan and Booth find a box of remains on their doorstep, which has them re-investigating an 18-year-old case.
Raising Hope (FOX): New. Maw Maw attempts to get Virginia and her sister to stop bickerning by saying she will leave everything to the one that will be most civil.
Enlisted (FOX): Series Premiere. Sgt. Pete Hill gets sent back stateside after a run-in with a superior officer and ends up in charge of a group of soldiers that include his two younger brothers. Really, really like this new sitcom. It’s both a fun military comedy and family comedy that is one of the top new comedies of this TV season. I’ve seen the first three and an very much looking forward to more.
Helix (Syfy): Series Premiere. The CDC is called in to investigate a retrovirus outbreak at an arctic research facility. There is some shady research going on and everyone seems to have some kind of secret. Each episode takes place over the course of a day, so the first season takes place over a couple weeks. The first two episodes of this fantastic and creepy new series play back-to-back with limited commercial interruptions. Run 90 minutes. Plays twice. Then the first two episodes repeat all day tomorrow with a full complement of ads. Watch this interview with the cast and creator recorded on the set. The sets are massive and Syfy is putting a lot into this show, much like they did with Defiance. But, unlike Defiance, which had a really good two-part opener and then faltered in the third episode, this one opens strong and follows up just as strong in the third episode. I’m very much looking forward to keeping up with this one. Will you be checking it out tonight?
The Carrie Diaries (The CW): New. Sebastian bails on Carrie on Valentine’s Day when a big opportunity comes up.
Grimm (NBC): New. Hank’s physical therapist gets caught up in some Wesen trouble. Juliette goes to Rosalee for some advice after finding out about her friend.
Blue Bloods (CBS): New. Danny is trying to track down the source of a new type of heroin that has hit the streets.
- Doctor Who (BBC America): Repeats. The Christmas special, “The Time of the Doctor,” and the 50th anniversary special, “The Day of the Doctor,” both replay.
- Hawaii Five-0 (CBS): New. A friend of Grover’s goes missing after it looks like he committed a murder.
- Intelligence (CBS): Repeat. The “Pilot” episode replays. Worth checking out if you missed it this past Tuesday before the next new episode on Monday in its regular timeslot.
- ESPN has doubleheader NBA action tonight with the Miami Heat at the Brooklyn Nets followed by the Los Angeles Lakers at the Los Angeles Clippers.
- NBA TV has a game tonight with the New York Knicks at the Houston Rockets.
Friday TV Marathons
Burn Notice (ION): Has six episodes tonight.
Castle (TNT): Five episodes tonight.
Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives (Food Network): Has 10 episodes tonight.
Good Times (TV One): Has 14 episodes early.
Law & Order: Special Victims Unit (USA Network): Nine episodes.
Leverage (ION): Eight episodes today.
The Parkers (Centric): Has 20 episodes early.