News & Notes
Over on cable, ABC Family has the third season premiere of Switched at Birth and the first winter season premiere of The Fosters, FX has the fifth season premiere of Archer and the series premiere of Chozen, Nat Geo has the third season premiere of Brain Games, Syfy has the fourth season premiere of Lost Girl, the fourth season premiere of Being Human and the series premiere of Bitten, and TNT has the second season finale of Major Crimes.
Almost Human (FOX): New. Kennex and Dorian are investigating a new self-guided bullet. Capt. Maldonado is looking back at the ambush that Kennex almost died in.
Major Crimes (TNT): Season Finale. The unit is getting closer to taking down a serial killer. Rusty has to take the stand against Philip Stroh. Plays again later. Last week’s episode, “Return to Sender Part 1,” replays right before.
Castle (ABC): New. A video clerk with a secret past is murdered and things point towards Castle’s father. Starts a minute after the hour and runs 59 minutes. Interested to see what the fallout is from the return of Castle’s father.
Lost Girl (Syfy): Season Premiere. Everyone seems to be suffering from a changed memory. While they try and figure out why things feel off, someone is working to keep certain memories suppressed. Plays again later. Interesting start to the new season.
Being Human (Syfy): Season Premiere. Josh is trapped as a wolf and Nora and Aidan try to keep him contained. Sally is trying to figure out how to get away from Donna that has trapped them. Plays again later. The new season gets off to a great start. Each character is in some interesting spots, especially Josh.
The Blacklist (NBC): New. Internal affairs is looking for the mole on the team. Red seeks who betrayed him. A serial killer from the past seems to be working again. I am very much looking forward to having this show back. How about you?
- Bitten (Syfy): Series Premiere. Elena has left her pack and is trying to live a normal life until she gets called back home when a war between mutts and her pack begins. Plays again later. Like this new Canadian import a lot and will definitely be adding it to my weekly watch list.
- Hart of Dixie (The CW): New. Zoe intervenes with a woman Wade is seeing. George and Lavon attempt to keep BlueBell from merging with another town.
- How I Met Your Mother (CBS): New. Marshall is messing with Barney while leading up to the final slap. Runs 30 minutes.
- Intelligence (CBS): New. The team learns of a new chemically undetectable bomb material after a U.S. Marine base is bombed.
- Mom (CBS): New. Christy doesn’t want to admit she needs Bonnie’s help after an injury. Luke asks Baxter for advice about being a father. Runs 30 minutes.
- Sleepy Hollow (FOX): New. Evil forces are targeting the captain’s daughter, so he goes to Crane and Mills for help.
- Switched at Birth (ABC Family): Season Premiere. Daphne starts her community service probation at a free clinic. Bay starts taking a college art class. Kathryn makes a new friend. Plays again later. The previous eight episodes replay right before. A couple of things bother me about this show going into season three, but it is still a fascinating family drama.
- Teen Wolf (MTV): New. Scott and the group try to track down the werecoyote before it is hunted down. Derek and Peter get some help to break free. Plays again later. Last week’s episode, “Anchors,” replays right before.
- ESPN has doubleheader college basketball action with Virginia at Duke followed by Kansas at Iowa State.
- ESPN2 has women’s college basketball action with Connecticut at Baylor followed by early round action from the Australian Open tennis tournament.
- NBA TV has a game tonight with the Washington Wizards at the Chicago Bulls.
- NBC Sports has college basketball action with College of Charleston at Northeastern.
- Helix (Syfy): Repeats. The first two episodes, “Pilot” and “Vector,” replay.
Monday TV Marathons
Criminal Minds (ION): Has 12 episodes.
CSI: Miami (WEtv): Five episodes tonight.
Law & Order (Sundance): Five episodes tonight.
Martin (TV One): Has 12 episodes early.
NCIS: Los Angeles (USA Network): Nine episodes.
Switched at Birth (ABC Family): Nine episodes.