News & Notes
In late night, NBC has the series premiere of About a Boy.
MythBusters (Discovery Channel): New. The gang checks out some bullet and gun myths. Plays again later.
Ripper Street (BBC America): Season Premiere. The memory of Jack the Ripper seems to be fading. A new strong opiate is discovered by Jackson. Runs 75 minutes. Plays again later.
True Detective (HBO): Repeat. This past Sunday’s episode, “The Secret Fate of All Life,” replays.
- Black Sails (Starz): New. Richard tries to force Eleanor’s hand. Rackham decides to change what he does. Runs 65 minutes. Plays twice. Last week’s episode, “IV.,” replays right before.
- The Following (FOX): Repeat. This past Monday’s episode, “Reflection,” replays.
- CBS has college basketball action today with Louisville at Cincinnati.
- ESPN has tripleheader college basketball action with LSU at Kentucky, Syracuse at Duke and Arizona at Colorado.
- ESPN2 has seven college basketball games today with Wisconsin at Iowa, Notre Dame at Virginia, Iowa State at TCU, UCLA at Stanford, Missouri at Alabama, San Diego State at New Mexico and Gonzaga at San Diego.
- FS1 has tripleheader college basketball action with Xavier at Georgetown, St. John’s at Villanova and Alabama-Birmingham at Charlotte.
- NBA TV has doubleheader action with the New Orleans Pelicans at the Washington Wizards followed by the Boston Celtics at the Sacramento Kings.
- NBC Sports has college basketball action with Brown at Cornell.
- About a Boy (NBC): Series Premiere. A bachelor living it up and enjoying the single life develops an unlikely friendship with the young boy who moves in next door with his single mother. Runs 30 minutes after the night’s Winter Olympics coverage before your late local news. I quite enjoyed this first episode, but if you’ve seen the Hugh Grant movie of the same name, then you know what happens in this episode, as it basically boils down that movie into 22-minutes. Yet, I’m not sure where it can go from there. But, given the cast and the people behind it, I’m looking forward to giving it a shot.
- Cougar Town (TBS): Repeat. This past Tuesday’s episode, “Time to Move On,” replays.
Saturday TV Marathons
Food Paradise (Travel Channel): Six episodes.
Good Times (TV One): Has 14 episodes early.
I Love Lucy (Hallmark Channel): Has 10 episodes early.
The Jamie Foxx Show (Centric): Has 12 episodes early.
Law & Order (Sundance): Six episodes.
Law & Order: Criminal Intent (ION): Has 16 episodes.
Legit (FX): Has 10 episodes in late night.
Scandal (BET): Has 10 episodes.
Will & Grace (WEtv): Has 38 episodes.