Tuesday TV: Pretty Little Liars, Brooklyn Nine-Nine, Justified & More
News & Notes
Tonight, ABC has the series premiere of Mind Games.
Over on cable, AMC has the series premiere of Game of Arms, CNBC has the second season premiere of The Profit, GSN has the third winter season premiere of Minute to Win It, Discovery Channel has the third season premiere of Amish Mafia and the series premiere of the Clash of the Ozarks, Spike TV has the fourth season premiere of Ink Master, TNT has the fourth winter season premiere of Rizzoli & Isles and the second winter season premiere of Perception, and Travel Channel has the first season finale of Border Rico.
Pretty Little Liars (ABC Family): New. Aria begins to unravel after finding out about Ezra. Spencer attempts to show everyone that she can control her addiction. Plays again later two times. Last week’s episode, “Free Fall,” replays right before.
New Girl (FOX): New. Abby has decided to stick around for a little bit and has her sights on a fellow loft mate. Winston is scared to check the results of his LAPD entrance exam.
Brooklyn Nine-Nine (FOX): New. Jake needs Gina’s help to keep his overwhelming debt from putting him out on the street. Holt and Jeffords are doing performance reviews.
Justified (FX): New. Boyd and the Crowes head to Mexico on a drug run. Raylan is after a smalltime grafter that has connections to some bigger baddies. Runs 65 minutes. Plays twice and again later.
The Originals (The CW): New. Rebekah is dealing with a vengeful witch. Elijah goes to Hayley and Marcel for help.
Twisted (ABC Family): New. Things are tense between Danny and Lacey at the homecoming dance nears. Jo attempts to get Rico and Andie together. Plays again later.
Person of Interest (CBS): New. Finch goes undercover as a 911 operator to protect another operator after their number comes up. Starts a minute after the hour and runs 59 minutes.
- About a Boy (NBC): New. Will gets invited to a pool party and decides to take Marcus along with him. Fiona is finding it hard to find a job. Starts a minute after the hour following The Voice and runs 30 minutes.
- Cougar Town (TBS): New. Andy is trying to be a fun dad. Tom attempts to help Ellie finish a novel she started writing a long time ago. Runs 30 minutes. Plays again later.
- Mind Games (ABC): Series Premiere. A pair of brothers, one an expert in human behavior and the other a convicted con-man, opens a unique business to help people solve their problems using psychological tactics. I liked the different take on the procedural and like much of the cast, but it’s just kind of okay. Given that it is from Kyle Killen who has brought us great short-lived shows like Awake and Lone Star, it could turn into more. Also, Christian Slater hasn’t had much luck in TV, so hoping their bad luck together will create something that lasts past a season.
- NCIS (CBS): New. The team investigates after a bunch of defective bullet-proof vests are found among a truck full of stolen USMC equipment.
- NCIS: Los Angeles (CBS): New. Callen and Sam are after a murder suspect that takes them back to the first case they worked together. Runs 61 minutes.
- Perception (TNT): Winter Premiere. Pierce attempts to help an autistic teen that is being accused of murder. Dean Haley is trying to get a young prodigy to attend CLMU. Plays again later.
- Rizzoli & Isles (TNT): Winter Premiere. A kidnapping clown reemerges after 20 years. Jane gets closer with Casey. Plays again later.
- ESPN has doubleheader college basketball action with Florida at Vanderbilt followed by Indiana at Wisconsin.
- ESPN2 has doubleheader college basketball action with Kansas State at Texas Tech followed by Wichita State at Bradley.
- FS1 has doubleheader college basketball action with Xavier at St. John’s followed by Seton Hall at DePaul.
- NBA TV has action tonight with the Los Angeles Lakers at the Indiana Pacers.
Tuesday TV Marathons
Being Mary Jane (BET): Has 11 episodes.
Criminal Minds (ION): Has 10 episodes.
The Jeffersons (TV One): Has 12 episodes early.
Law & Order (WEtv): Eight episodes tonight.
Law & Order: Special Victims Unit (USA Network): Has 11 episodes.
Rizzoli & Isles (TNT): Has 13 episodes.