News & Notes
Over on cable, Discovery Channel has a Captain Philips: Somali Pirates Inside Story special, FX has the second season premiere of The Americans, FXX has the second season premiere of Legit and the series premiere of Ali G: Rezurection, Oxygen has the third season finale of Best Ink, Syfy has the first season finale of Opposite Worlds and the ninth season finale of Ghost Hunters, truTV has the first winter season premiere of Upload With Shaquille O’Neal, and TV Land has the third season finale of The Exes and the first season finale of Kirstie.
Arrow (The CW): New. Felicity isn’t all that thrilled that Oliver has made Sara a part of the team. A brilliant thief known as The Clock King is stealing from bank vaults. Laurel doesn’t want to attend a party for Sara.
Psych (USA Network): New. Lassiter sets out to solve the case of the Mayor’s uncle having been murdered in hopes that it will help him become Chief of Police. Juliet deals with some news that may test her relationship. Runs 61 minutes. Plays again later.
The Americans (FX): Season Premiere. Elizabeth returns home from her injuries. Paige is more suspicious than ever. Stan continues seeing the Russian agent while having problems at home. Runs 67 minutes. Plays twice and again later. Gets off to an outstanding start and sets up some very interesting things that will have ramifications for the rest of the season. Love this show.
Revolution (NBC): New. Monroe and Connor have some tough decisions to make in order to survive. Miles doesn’t believe he can trust Neville and Jason. Aaron and Pricilla don’t see eye-to-eye about the nano code
The Tomorrow People (The CW): New. Stephen tries to make a deal with Jedikiah. Russell and Cara deal with an Ultra trap while tracking a new breakout.
Nashville (ABC): New. A powerful producer likes Juliette’s new song and wants to make her a superstar. Rayna tries to remain in control after recent events.
- Baby Daddy (ABC Family): New. Riley tries to impress somebody by using Danny. Bonnie’s new business slogan isn’t exactly what she had thought it would be. Runs 30 minutes. Plays again later.
- Criminal Minds (CBS): New. The BAU is searching for a girl that went missing while staying with a relative. Plays after the two-hour Survivor premiere.
- Melissa & Joey (ABC Family): New. Mel decides to adopt a dog. Joe is none too thrilled with the idea. Runs 30 minutes. Plays again later.
- Mixology (ABC): Series Premiere. A group of 10 singles end up mixing and mingling at a bar over the course of one night. In this first episode, the focus is on newly single Tom and tough attorney Maya. Starts a minute after the half hour following Modern Family and runs 29 minutes. Note, I am only mentioning this here to tell you that it is absolutely terrible. I’ve seen the first three and other than one character, the single mother, I hate pretty much every other character we meet in those first three episodes. The redhead dude, I think his name is Bruce, is one of the most terrible characters to ever grace our TV screens. I find it unfathomable that somebody, namely the people who wrote this crap, thinks the stuff he says is funny in any way. Given that it pair incredible badly with Modern Family, it likely won’t last long and deservedly so.
- Modern Family (ABC): New. Luke is wrestling against the son of his dad’s nemesis. Gloria plays chaperone to a class field trip. Runs 31 minutes.
- Suburgatory (ABC): New. George is shocked to see how much Noah has changed after his court ordered anger management classes. Follows The Middle and runs 30 minutes.
- True Detective (HBO): Repeat. This past Sunday’s episode, “Haunted Houses, “ replays.
- ESPN has doubleheader NBA action with the New Orleans Pelicans at the Dallas Mavericks followed by the Houston Rockets at the Los Angeles Clippers.
- ESPN2 has doubleheader college basketball action with Georgia Tech at Notre Dame followed by California at Arizona.
- FS1 has college basketball action tonight with Butler at Villanova.
- NBC Sports has college basketball action tonight with St. Louis at George Mason.
- Dallas (TNT): Repeat. This past Monday’s third season premiere episode, “The Return,” replays.
Wednesday TV Marathons
Burn Notice (ION): Six episodes tonight into late night.
Castle (TNT): Seven episodes.
Law & Order: Criminal Intent (ION): Six episodes today.
NCIS (USA Network): Has 10 episodes.
Sanford and Son (TV One): Has 12 episodes early.
Vikings (History): Nine episodes.