News & Notes
Over on cable, Chiller has a Killer Legends special, Discovery Channel has the second season premiere of Naked & Afraid followed by the series premiere of Naked After Dark, ESPN has the documentary premiere of 30 for 30: Requiem for the Big East, Lifetime has an Army Wives: A Final Salute special, MTV has the 2014 MTVU Woodie Awards special, and Showtime has the third season finale of Episodes.
Once Upon a Time (ABC): New. Emma and Regina work together to figure out who is behind the new curse. Robin Hood helps Regina back in fairytale land.
The Good Wife (CBS): New. Alicia takes a look back at her past after getting an invite to speak at the American Bar Association conference taking place in New York.
Episodes (Showtime): Season Finale. Beverly attempts to keep Sean from detouring their planned move back home after a bidding war starts on another of their writing properties. Matt finds out that NBC actually does want him to audition for the dramatic role he wants. Plays after House of Lies and runs 30 minutes.
The Simpsons (FOX): New. Marge invites Grampa to live with them after the Retirement Castle closes. Runs 30 minutes.
The Walking Dead (AMC): New. A new shelter is established. Runs 61 minutes. Plays again later. Last week’s episode, “Alone,” replays right before and the previous week’s episode, “Still,” replays right before that.
The Mentalist (CBS): New. The FBI team investigates a death at an oil fracking site. Rigby and Van Pelt arrive in Austin.
- Believe (NBC): New. Bo and Tate end up in Atlantic City and Bo gets close to a woman with a sick child. Interested to see what this show is going to be?
- Crisis (NBC): Series Premiere. A group of high school students from high profile families headed out on a field trip our abducted and held. Have seen the first two episodes and am onboard for this twisty thriller. Love the pacing, the setup and much of the cast. Looking forward to seeing where they go with this one. While I like this a lot thus far, it’s hard for me to choose it over shows I’ve been watching for multiple seasons now. Yet, I will be adding it to my already packed Sunday nights. Will you be watching?
- Resurrection (ABC): New. Agent Bellamy wants to see if there is a body in Jacob’s tomb. Caleb says that he can’t remember his death. Runs 61 minutes. Another really good episode, even though it accentuates the one small problem I have with the series thus far.
- Revenge (ABC): New. Emily’s blackouts continue to get violent. Victoria deals with someone from her past. Starts a minute after the hour and runs 59 minutes.
- ABC has an NBA game today.
- CBS has doubleheader college basketball action today followed by the NCAA Championship Selection Show.
- ESPN has doubleheader college basketball action.
- ESPN2 has a college basketball game today.
- NBA TV has a game tonight.
- Suits (USA Network): Repeat. This past Thursday’s episode, “Yesterday’s Gone,” replays.
Sunday TV Marathons
101 More Amazing Places to Chowdown (Travel Channel): All five episodes.
Criminal Minds (A&E): Five episodes early.
CSI: Miami (WEtv): Seven episodes tonight.
Diagnosis Murder (Hallmark Movie Channel): Has 20 episodes.
Law & Order: Special Victims Unit (USA Network): Six episodes tonight.
Leverage (ION): Has 13 episodes.
NCIS: Los Angeles (USA Network): Has seven episodes today.