News & Notes
Over on cable, A&E has the first season finale of Wahlburgers, CNBC has the series premiere of Money Talks, Food Network has the series premiere of Save My Bakery, HBO has the series premiere of Doll & Em, and TBS has the second season premiere of Deal With It.
Arrow (The CW): New. Oliver is gearing up to go up against Slade. Amanda brings Diggle in on a mission to stop a warlord and is very surprised to see who makes up the rest of her team.
Psych (USA Network): New. Gus has been having nightmares and decides to go see a dream therapist. Shawn and Gus take on an unlikely case. Runs 61 minutes. Plays again later. Next week is the series finale.
The Americans (FX): New. Philip deals with an old friend. Philip’s cover is close to being blown by Martha. Runs 66 minutes. Plays twice and again later.
Revolution (NBC): New. Miles is looking for some more allies with Dr. Porter. Neville and Jason could be in some danger after some political machinations. Aaron and Pricilla continue their journey.
The 100 (The CW): Series Premiere. The last of human civilization lives on a giant space station where resourced are dwindling some 97 years after abandoning the planet after nuclear destruction of Earth made it unlivable. So, they decide to send down a group of 100 teenage prisoners to the Earth to see if it is now livable. Lots of problems arise. Plays again next Tuesday. Back during the summer after having watched all The CW’s new pilots for the 2013-14 TV season, this was my favorite they had to offer. I’ve now seen the first six episodes of The 100 and it is still my favorite of The CW’s new shows this season. It has some problems, especially the reaction that many have once reaching the ground. Yes, it has the teenage love triangles and such, but the wrapper is a very compelling premise. The cast is great with lots of recognizable faces, especially in the adult cast playing the leaders on the space station. Check out some video interviews with the cast and creator of The 100.
Doll & Em (HBO): Series Premiere. A woman heads to Hollywood to be her best friend’s personal assistant after breaking up with her boyfriend. In the second episode, Doll ends up babysitting at a Hollywood party for Em’s new movie.
- Baby Daddy (ABC Family): New. Ben causes some problems for Phillip. Danny hits on a sportscaster. Plays again later. ABC Family has picked the show up for a fourth season.
- Criminal Minds (CBS): New. Morgan talks with the victim of an unusual stabbing, but it only raises more questions.
- Melissa & Joey (ABC Family): New. Lennox decides to move out after Mel finds out about her dating her teaching assistant. Plays again later. ABC Family has picked the show up for a fourth season.
- ESPN has doubleheader NBA action with the Indiana Pacers at the New York Knicks followed by the San Antonio Spurs at the Los Angeles.
- ESPN2 has doubleheader NIT college basketball action tonight.
- Dallas (TNT): Repeat. This past Monday’s episode, “Lifting the Veil,” replays.
Wednesday TV Marathons
Burn Notice (ION): Six episodes tonight into late night.
Castle (TNT): Six episodes tonight.
Law & Order: Criminal Intent (ION): Seven episodes today.
NCIS (USA Network): Has 10 episodes.
Sanford and Son (TV One): Has 12 episodes early.