News & Notes
On cable tonight, BBC America has the second season premiere of Orphan Black and the series premiere of The Real History of Science Fiction, Hallmark Channel has the TV movie premiere of A Lesson in Romance, HBO has a Billy Crystal: 700 Sundays special, and Lifetime has the TV movie premiere of A Day Late and a Dollar Short.
Nurse Jackie (Showtime): Repeat. This past Sunday night’s sixth season premiere episode, “Sink or Swim,” replays.
Silicon Valley (HBO2): Repeat. This past Sunday night’s episode, “The Cap Table,” replays.
Orphan Black (BBC America): Season Premiere. Sarah is looking for her daughter and thinks Rachel is the one who took her. Alison attends a funeral that leaves her despondent. Plays again later. This wasn’t just one of the best new shows of last year, it was one of the best shows overall of the year. I can’t wait to watch tonight. How about you?
The Real History of Science Fiction (BBC America): Series Premiere. Documentary series narrated by Mark Gatiss (Sherlock) as various filmmakers, writers, actors and more talk about their experience with science fiction. This first episode covers “Robots.” Plays again later.
- ABC has first round NBA Playoff action with the Golden State Warriors at the Los Angeles Clippers.
- ESPN has three first round NBA Playoff games today with the Brooklyn Nets at the Toronto Raptors early, then the game on ABC and lastly doubleheader action tonight with the Atlanta Hawks at the Indiana Pacers followed by another game.
- FS1 has MLB action today with the Arizona Diamondbacks at the Los Angeles Dodgers.
- MLB Network has a game this afternoon with the Houston Astros at the Oakland Athletics.
- Game of Thrones (HBO): Repeat. This past Sunday night’s episode, “The Lion and the Rose,” replays.
Saturday TV Marathons
Good Times (TV One): Has 14 episodes early.
I Love Lucy (Hallmark Channel): Has 10 episodes early.
Law & Order (TNT): Six episodes early.
Law & Order: Criminal Intent (ION): Has 11 episodes.
Law & Order: Special Victims Unit (USA Network): Has 11 episodes.
Orphan Black (BBC America): The last five episodes of season one replay early.
Will & Grace (WEtv): Has 14 episodes.