News & Notes
Over on cable, A&E has the sixth season finale of Beyond Scared Straight.
In late night, Adult Swim has a Dinner With Friends With Brett Gelman and Friends special.
Listen to the latest TV times Three Podcast: Ep.223, “Awkward Mom Agents Orphan Scandal.” On this episode I am joined by @mytakeontv and @raelee. We talk a little news and then we discuss the first season finale of Mom, last week’s Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., the fourth season premiere of Awkward., the third season finale of Scandal and the second season premiere of Orphan Black. Lastly we give some favorite show recommendations.
Parks & Recreation (NBC): Season Finale. Ben, Leslie and Chris attend a national parks conference in San Francisco. Tom opens his restaurant. Ron runs into Tammy 2. Leslie comes to a decision about her future.
Grey’s Anatomy (ABC): New. Jackson has some bad news for the doctors. Derek’s sister comes for a visit. Bailey takes a risk in her research.
Elementary (CBS): New. Mycroft returns to New York and causes some problems between Joan and Sherlock. Starts a minute after the hour and runs 59 minutes.
The Vampire Diaries (The CW): New. Stefan attempts to distract Elena from her problems. Bonnie is trying to deal with changes on the Other Side. Jeremy and Matt deliver the news about the missing traveler knife. Enzo tells the story of what happened to Maggie.
Saturday Night Live Presents SNL Shorts (NBC): New Special. Some of the best Digital Shorts from the show play. Runs two hours.
- Bad Teacher (CBS): Series Premiere. A trophy wife gets divorced and gets nothing and comes up with a scheme to meet rich single and divorced dads at her friend’s daughter’s school. Starts a minute after the half hour and runs 30 minutes following Two and a Half Men. While this show has a great cast, it is based on a movie that wasn’t that great. So, it isn’t surprising that I didn’t even laugh once during the premiere. It’s partly because you take the concept from an R-rated comedy and turn it into a network TV sitcom, which really waters things down. Basically it looks like episodes will be she’s terrible for most of the episode and then sort of learns a lesson or shows she isn’t really that bad at the end.
- The Big Bang Theory (CBS): New. Sheldon tries to be spontaneous, but it causes problems for the girls especially. Runs 31 minutes.
- Black Box (ABC): Series Premiere. Dr. Catherine Black is the top doctor in her field, but also carries the secret of being bipolar. She discusses her problems with her therapist. Her boyfriend asks her to marry him. Not great, but I kind of liked it. Mostly I think I liked the lead and some of the concepts, but overall it’s kind of a mess.
- Game of Thrones (HBO): Repeat. This past Sunday night’s episode, “Breaker of Chains,” replays.
- Silicon Valley (HBO): Repeat. This past Sunday night’s episode, “Articles of Incorporation,” replays.
- Surviving Jack (FOX): New. Frankie introduces his girlfriend to his mom while she is on pain killers. Mikey and George deal with a problem. Follows the American Idol: Results Show and runs 30 minutes.
- Veep (HBO): Repeat. This past Sunday night’s episode, “Alicia,” replays.
- MLB Network has a game today and another tonight.
- NBA TV has a NBA Playoff game tonight.
- TNT has doubleheader NBA Playoff action tonight.
Thursday TV Marathons
Law & Order: Criminal Intent (ION): Nine episodes.
Law & Order: Special Victims Unit (USA Network): Has 12 episodes.
Living Single (TV One): Has 12 episodes early.