News & Notes
Over on cable, A&E has the second season finale of Bates Motel, FX has the fourth season premiere of Louie, Nickelodeon has the second season premiere of AwesomenessTV, and Syfy has the second season premiere of Metal Hurlant Chronicles.
In late night, A&E has a Bates Motel: After Hours special following the season finale.
24: Live Another Day (FOX): Season Premiere. Jack gets caught by the CIA in London after four years on the run. Liked the first two hours of this quite a lot and am happy to have Jack back. Very much liked that it didn’t feel overly contrived to get Jack and the various other former 24 players in the same place for the latest disaster. Also like the idea of it only being 12 episodes total to get to the conclusion making for less red herrings and hopefully no need for any moles to fill out the story. Will you be watching tonight?
24: Live Another Day (FOX): New. Jack works to prevent another disaster by tracking down a computer hacker.
The Blacklist (NBC): New. Liz refuses to work with Red. Red comes to the FBI with a huge case. Liz tells what she has found out about Tom. Starts a minute after the hour and runs 59 minutes.
Star-Crossed (The CW): New. Roman and Drake realize they need some more help after learning that the bomb the Trags were building wasn’t destroyed in the explosion.
Warehouse 13 (Syfy): New. Mika gets sucked into a telenovela and Pete and Arty attempt to get her and Pete’s ex’s mother out of the television. Plays again later. This is one of my all-time favorite episodes of this show. Easily top five, much like the noir episode last season where they got trapped in a detective novel. So much fun.
Castle (ABC): New. Things go bad with Beckett’s secret investigation into the person responsible for her mother’s murder, as someone she has been watching is murdered. Starts a minute after the hour and runs 59 minutes.
- Game of Thrones (HBO2): Repeat. Last night’s episode, “First of His Name,” replays. Plays again later on HBO.
- Louie (FX): Season Premiere. Two episodes play tonight. In the first, it is a typical day for Louie. In the second, Louie does a performance at a benefit.
- Silicon Valley (HBO2): Repeat. Last night’s episode, “Signaling Risk,” replays. Plays again later on HBO.
- The Tomorrow People (The CW): Season Finale. Russell attempts to save Cara after realizing that his deal was a mistake. Stephen tries to stop the founder from exterminating humans.
- Veep (HBO2): Repeat. Last night’s episode, “Fishing,” replays. Plays again later on HBO.
- ESPN has Monday Night Baseball MLB action tonight with the St. Louis Cardinals at the Atlanta Braves.
- TNT has doubleheader NBA Playoffs action tonight.
- Continuum (Syfy): Repeat. Last Friday night’s episode, “30 Minutes to Air,” replays.
- Playing House (USA Network): Repeat. Last Tuesday night’s episode, “Pilot,” replays.
Monday TV Marathons
Criminal Minds (ION): Has 12 episodes.
CSI: Miami (WEtv): Nine episodes tonight and into late night.
Law & Order (Sundance): Has 18 episodes.
Martin (TV One): Has 12 episodes early.
NCIS: Los Angeles (USA Network): Has 10 episodes today.
Will & Grace (WEtv): Has 12 episodes today.