News & Notes
On cable tonight, ABC Family has the fifth season premiere of Pretty Little Liars and the series premiere of Chasing Life, CNBC has the third season premiere of Secret Lives of the Super Rich, MTV has the first season finale of Faking It, and USA Network has the sixth season premiere of Royal Pains.
Pretty Little Liars (ABC Family): Season Premiere. Aria keeps watch over Ezra after he has gotten shot. Alison and the rest attempt to draw “A” out. Mona is not enthused to learn of the return of Alison. Plays again later two times. The previous eight episodes replay leading up to tonight’s premiere.
Chasing Life (ABC Family): Series Premiere. A wannabe journalist just starting out at a Boston newspaper finds out some life-changing news after visiting a hospital while chasing a story. Plays again later. While a show based on a main character finding out she has cancer is kind of a downer of a premise, this is actually a really good show. I sat down to watch the first episode and ended up watching all that were available in one sitting, which was the first three. Definitely worth checking out.
Playing House (USA Network): New. Maggie finds out that she could go into labor at any minute. Mark and Emma finally talk about the breakup. Runs 30 minutes. Plays again later.
- Fargo (FX): New. Lester deals with something unexpected. Malvo charts a new course. Molly ends up heading down a familiar path on a new investigation. Runs 75 minutes. Plays twice and again later.
- Game of Thrones (HBO): Repeat. This past Sunday night’s episode, “The Watchers on the Wall,” replays. Plays again later.
- Penny Dreadful (Showtime): Repeat. This past Sunday night’s episode, “Closer Than Sisters,” replays.
- Royal Pains (USA Network): Season Premiere. Hank is back in the Hamptons. Evan puts together a plan to keep him there. Divya has become a mother. Plays again later.
- Veep (HBO Signature): Repeat. Last night’s third season finale episodes, “Crate” and “New Hampshire,” replay. Both play again later on HBO.
- ABC has Game 3 of the NBA Finals tonight.
- MLB Network has a game tonight.
Tuesday TV Marathons
Criminal Minds (ION): Has 10 episodes.
The Jeffersons (TV One): Has 12 episodes early.
Law & Order (WEtv): Has 11 episodes tonight and into late night.
Law & Order: Special Victims Unit (USA Network): Has 14 episodes.
Pretty Little Liars (ABC Family): Nine episodes.
Star Trek: The Next Generation (BBC America): Six episodes tonight that play twice.
Star Trek: The Next Generation (Syfy): Nine episodes.