News & Notes
Over on cable, BBC America has the series premiere of The Musketeers, Food Network has the fourth season premiere of Cutthroat Kitchen, Hallmark Channel has the first season finale of Signed, Sealed, Delivered, HBO has the seventh season premiere of True Blood, Lifetime has the series finale of Drop Dead Diva, Spike TV has the series premiere of Frankenfood, and TNT has the series premiere of The Last Ship and the fourth season premiere of Falling Skies.
Enlisted (FOX): Series Finale. Pete’s brothers put together an Alive Day celebration on the first anniversary of Pete almost dying in Afghanistan. A ball is also held for Major Cody. Runs 30 minutes.
Game of Thrones (HBO): Repeat. Last week’s fourth season finale episode, “The Children,” replays. Starts 15 minutes before the hour and runs 75 minutes.
The Last Ship (TNT): Series Premiere. Navy Capt. Tom Chandler and his crew are sent on what they believe to be secret maneuvers in the Artic while two virologists also work on something. He soon finds out that the scientists were actually trying to find the source of a virus that is wiping out much of the human population while they were at sea. Runs 63 minutes. Plays again later. This is a good solid summer action throwback. I enjoyed the first three episodes. While there is some truly terrible dialogue, there are also some well-done action sequences. It does feel like something 80s teenage me would have really liked. It pairs well with the also post-apocalyptic Falling Skies for a fun night of action and drama. Will you be coming aboard The Last Ship tonight?
Falling Skies (TNT): Season Premiere. The 2nd Mass is separated by the new Espheni war machine. Everyone works to get out of their situations and find the rest of the group. Starts three minutes after the hour and runs 62 minutes. Plays again later. Much like the start of the past couple seasons, things have changed and the 2nd Mass must figure out what is going on now and fight to overcome it. I do like that the series continues to change things up, but also tend to feel a bit lost as new seasons begin. Yet, it puts you in the same place as the Mason clan and the rest as the season gets underway. Are you excited to have Falling Skies back on your TV this summer?
- Devious Maids (Lifetime): New. Nicolas lets out a truth while drugged. Rosie tries to help Kenneth. Valentina goes to Remi for help with Ethan. Starts a minute after the hour and runs 61 minutes. Plays again later.
- Drop Dead Diva (Lifetime): Series Finale. Owen and Kim continue to try and talk with Jane about Ian. Owen and Jane end up on opposite sides of a case. Teri thinks Ian is the reason her chances at stardom has been dashed. Starts a minute after the hour and runs 61 minutes. Plays again later.
- Halt and Catch Fire (AMC): New. Cameron has almost finished the BIOS when something catastrophic happens. Plays twice and again later. The first two episodes replay earlier this morning.
- Penny Dreadful (Showtime): New. Sir Malcolm, Ethan, Dr. Frankenstein and Sembene attempt to get the evil out of Vanessa. Plays three times. Last week’s episode, “What Death Can Join Together,” replays earlier this evening.
- ESPN has Sunday Night Baseball MLB action tonight with the Texas Rangers at the Los Angeles Angels.
- MLB Network has a game today.
- NBC has final round coverage of the U.S. Women’s Open golf tournament.
- Jennifer Falls (TV Land): Repeat. Last Wednesday’s episode, “Triangle,” replays.
- Murder in the First (TNT): Repeat. Last Monday’s episode, “The City of Sisterly Love,” replays.
Sunday TV Marathons
The Cosby Show (TV Land): Has 13 episodes.
CSI: Miami (WEtv): Seven episodes tonight.
Law & Order: Special Victims Unit (USA Network): Eight episodes.
Leverage (ION): Has 10 episodes.