News & Notes
Over on cable, ABC Family has the series premieres of Young & Hungry and Mystery Girls, Cooking Channel has the fourth season premiere of Extra Virgin, FXX has the fourth season premiere of Wilfred, and Travel Channel has the fourth season finale of Baggage Battles.
Young & Hungry (ABC Family): Series Premiere. A personal chef tries to land a job cooking for a young entrepreneur by cooking a romantic meal for a special occasion, but complications ensue. Plays again later two times. Emily Osment is super adorable, but the show gets off to a less than stellar start. It does have a similar feel to ABC Family’s other comedies like Baby Daddy, so maybe it will turn into an enjoyable half-hour. But, it has a ways to go.
Mystery Girls (ABC Family): Series Premiere. A rumor that Holly is dead surfaces, a sex tape of her goes up for sale. So, they decide to throw a fake funeral to see if they can ferret out the seller. Plays again later two times. This is actually the third episode. For some reason they have decided to not air the episode that was filmed as the “Pilot” as the first episode. This episode isn’t appreciably better than the original “Pilot” episode and it doesn’t introduce you to the characters and setup the series like it did. The “Pilot” episode will now air as the fourth episode. I liked this show almost as much as I liked Melissa & Joey in the beginning, but it probably has more to do with having a crush on Jennie Garth since her Beverly Hills, 90210 days. Heck, I watched The WB series What I Like About You because she was on it. So, take that into consideration.
Suits (USA Network): New. Harvey has to confirm that his relationship with Mike won’t hinder the takeover battle. Runs 61 minutes. Plays again later.
Graceland (USA Network): New. Jakes looks for a contraband bus. Tuturro may have gotten in over his head. Runs 61 minutes. Plays again later.
- The 100 (The CW): Repeat. The second episode, “Earth Skills,” replays tonight, as the entire season replays each Wednesday over the summer.
- Chasing Life (ABC Family): Repeat. Last night’s episode, “Blood Cancer Sex Carrots,” replays. Plays again later on SHO2.
- Motive (ABC): New. Cross helps Flynn look for a missing bartender and doesn’t feel right about leaving Vega out.
- Penny Dreadful (Showtime): Repeat. This past Sunday night’s episode, “Possession,” replays. Plays again later on SHO2.
- ESPN has early round coverage of Wimbledon early and later Game 3 of the College World Series Finals tonight.
- ESPN2 has early round coverage of Wimbledon today and later Wednesday Night Baseball MLB action tonight with the Detroit Tigers at the Texas Rangers.
- MLB Network has a game today.
- The Bridge (FX): Repeats. Episodes nine and 10 of season one replay.
- Defiance (Syfy): Repeat. Last Thursday night’s second season premiere episode, “The Opposite of Hallelujah,” replays.
- Dominion (Syfy): Repeat. Last Thursday night’s series premiere episode, “Pilot,” replays. Runs 90 minutes.
- Falling Skies (TNT): Repeat. This past Sunday’s fourth season premiere episode, “Ghost in the Machine,” replays.
- Halt and Catch Fire (AMC): Repeat. This past Sunday’s episode, “Close to the Metal,” replays.
- The Last Ship (TNT): Repeat. This past Sunday’s series premiere episode, “Pilot – Phase Six,” replays.
- The Musketeers (BBC America): Repeat. This past Saturday night’s series premiere episode, “Friends and Enemies,” replays. Plays again later.
Wednesday TV Marathons
Castle (TNT): Seven episodes tonight.
Law & Order (WEtv): Has 11 episodes.
Law & Order: Criminal Intent (ION): Seven episodes.
Law & Order: Special Victims Unit (USA Network): Has 13 episodes.
Sanford and Son (TV One): Has 12 episodes early.