Wednesday on TV: Legends, Franklin & Bash, The Bridge and More
News & Notes
Tonight, CBS has the first season finale of Extant, FOX has the series premiere of Red Band Society, and NBC has the ninth season finale of America’s Got Talent and the series premiere of The Mysteries of Laura.
Over on cable, El Rey has The Director’s Chair: Quentin Tarantino Vol. 2 and OWN has the fourth fall season premiere of Tyler Perry’s For Better or Worse.
Next Tuesday, ABC has the sixth season premiere of The Middle, the second season premiere of The Goldbergs, the sixth season premiere of Modern Family, the series premiere of Black-ish and the third season premiere of Nashville, CBS has the 29th season premiere of Surivor, and NBC has the 16th season premiere of Law & Order: Special Victims Unit and the second season premiere of Chicago PD.
Penn & Teller: Fool Us (The CW): New. Magicians Brynolf and Ljung, Colin McLeod, Keelan Leyser and Charlotte Marie, and Etienne Pradier attempt to fool Penn & Teller.
Legends (TNT): New. Fallout is dealt with from the shoot-out. Martin takes Kyle Dobson into custody, which leads to big problems. Plays again later.
The Bridge (FX): New. Sonya goes up against Eleanor. Linder and Eva talk about their future. Runs 71 minutes. Plays twice and again later.
- The 100 (The CW): Repeat. The first season finale episode, “We Are Grounders, Part 2,” replays tonight. Season two premieres Wednesday, October 22nd.
- Criminal Minds (CBS): Repeat. The ninth season finale episode, “Demons,” replays. Season ten premieres in two weeks.
- Franklin & Bash (TNT): New. The guys take the advice of an injured stripper and end up helping Los Angeles area dancers unionize. Runs 61 minutes. Plays again later.
- The Goldbergs (ABC): Repeat. The first season finale episode, “Livin’ on a Prayer,” replays. Season two premieres next week.
- The Knick (Cinemax): Repeat. This past Friday’s episode, “They Capture the Heat,” replays.
- Masters of Sex (Showtime): Repeat. This past Sunday’s episode, “Below the Belt,” replays.
- Modern Family (ABC): Repeat. The fifth season finale episode, “The Wedding,” replays. Season six premieres next week.
- The Mysteries of Laura (NBC): Series Premiere. A top New York homicide detective attempts balance her life between raising her twin boys and doing her job. This is the WTF show of the year. As in, how did this get made? Debra Messing seems miscast, but overall the show doesn’t know what it wants to be. Is it a murder mystery, a family comedy, or five other things it wants to be? This is easily one to skip.
- Nashville (ABC): Repeat. The second season finale episode, “On the Other Hand,” replays. Season three premieres next week.
- Red Band Society (FOX): Series Premiere. This dramedy takes place in the pediatric ward of a Los Angeles area hospital, where a group of teen patients bond over dealing with life-threatening situations. Leo gets a new roommate who’s about to undergo the same procedure he had and a cheerleader is shocked to find she has a heart problem. Note, all shows at some level are contrived and manipulative, as they are made up and created to entertain etc. But, this show is highly manipulative and goes directly for the heartstrings. I just didn’t find it all that good or find any characters that I want to follow on their journey. Everything seems a bit too bright and good considering the conditions they are dealing with. Will you be checking out tonight’s premiere?
- ESPN has doubleheader Wednesday Night Baseball MLB action.
- MLB Network has a game tonight.
Wednesday TV Marathons
Cold Case (ION): Seven episodes tonight.
Law & Order: Special Victims Unit (USA Network): Has 17 episodes.
Monk (ION): Five episodes today.
Sanford and Son (TV One): Has 12 episodes early.