News & Notes
Over on cable, A&E, History, Lifetime and Lifetime Movie Network have the miniseries premiere of Roots, BBC America has the 23rd season premiere of Top Gear and the series premiere of Extra Gear, Food Network has a Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives: Ultimate Bacon Fest special, Starz has the TV movie premiere of The Dresser, and tbs has the first season finale of The Detour.
In late night, MTV has the second season premiere of Scream.
Veep (HBO2): Repeat. Last night’s episode, “C**tgate,” replays. Runs 30 minutes.
12 Monkeys (Syfy): New. Cole meets the Witness. Cassie continues to have hallucinations. The facility gets dangerous after the machine begins malfunctioning. Plays again later.
Person of Interest (CBS): New. Reese and Fusco get trapped in the precinct with the latest POI. Root figures something out. Starts a minute before the hour and runs 61 minutes.
- The Detour (tbs): Season Finale. Two episodes play. In the first, Nate’s plan to get his job back goes badly. In the season finale, the family attempts to takedown Nate’s former company. The previous eight episodes replay earlier today.
- Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives (Food Network): New Special. Guy checks out some “Ultimate Bacon Fest.” Plays again later.
- Game of Thrones (HBO2): Repeat. Last night’s episode, “Blood of My Blood,” replays. Plays again in late night on HBO.
- Houdini & Doyle (FOX): New. Houdini isn’t sure what to make of a traveling psychic, while Doyle thinks she is the real thing.
- Roots (A&E, History, Lifetime & LMN): Miniseries Premiere. The story of Kunta Kinta is told from his birth, to his childhood and being kidnapped and put into slavery. Runs two hours and 13 minutes. Plays three times.
- MLB Network has a game tonight.
- NBC has round of 16 coverage of The French Open tennis tournament.
- TNT has NBA Playoff action tonight with Game 7 of the Western Conference Finals.
Monday TV Marathons
Band of Brothers (HBO Signature): Has all 10 episodes.
Blue Bloods (ION): Has 18 episodes.
CSI: Miami (WEtv): Seven episodes tonight.
The Detour (tbs): The first eight episodes of season one today and the final two tonight.
Empire (TV One): Has 18 episodes.
Gilmore Girls (UPtv): Seven episodes today.
The Golden Girls (TV Land): Has 16 episodes.
Graceland (Cloo): Has 24 episodes.
In the Heat of the Night (WGN America): Seven episodes early.
The Last Ship (TNT): Has all 13 season two episodes.
Law & Order: Criminal Intent (WEtv): Six episodes today.
My Wife and Kids (Oxygen): Has 19 episodes.
Parenthood (UPtv): Five episodes tonight.
Roseanne (Logo): Has 12 episodes today.
The Simpsons (FXX): Has 12 episodes tonight.
Stargate SG-1 (Comet): Has 11 episodes.
That ’70s Show (IFC): Has 11 episodes early that replay tonight into late night.