News & Notes
Tonight, ABC has the 14th season premiere of Grey’s Anatomy and the fourth season premiere of How to Get Away With Murder, The CW has the 13th season finale of Whose Line Is It Anyway?, NBC has the third season premiere of Superstore, The Good Place moving to its regular timeslot, the ninth season premiere of Will & Grace, the second season premiere of Great News and the sixth season premiere of Chicago Fire, and PBS has the first season finale of The Vietnam War.
Over on cable, Comedy Central has the fourth season premiere of Nathan For You, Cooking Channel has the series premiere of Late Night Eats, and tbs has the first season finale of The Guest Book.
On streaming, as of this morning, Crackle has the second season premiere of StartUp.
Next Thursday, ABC has the seventh season premiere of Scandal, Crackle has the SuperMansion: Drag Me to Halloween special, Netflix drops the complete first season of Bonus Family, Sundance Now has the series premiere of Rillington Place, and SYFY has the second season premiere of Van Helsing and the series premiere of Ghost Wars.
Gotham (FOX): New. Gordon sets out to show that the GCPD is not weak. Runs 61 minutes.
The Orville (FOX): New. The crew tries to help a stranded ship that is nearing a star, while the Orville fights off a Krill attack. Starts a minute after the hour and runs 59 minutes.
Late Night Eats (Cooking Channel): Series Premiere. Chef Jordan Ardino travels to a city and profiles three places serving great food in the late night hours. In the opener, he heads to “Pittsburgh.” Plays again later.
The Guest Book (tbs): Season Finale. The town residents have to answer for what they’ve been up to over the past few months. Plays again later.
Grey’s Anatomy (ABC): Season Premiere. Meredith helps Owen’s sister. Bailey is in charge of getting the fire damage fixed. Jo decides something about Alex. Runs two hours.
Beat Bobby Flay (Food Network): New. Bobby flay goes up against the winner of a cook-off where his opponent gets to choose the dish they cook. Runs 30 minutes. Plays again later. A repeat episode follows.
- The Good Place (NBC): New. Michael keeps trying to fix his plan, while Eleanor figures out a secret. Runs 30 minutes.
- Mike Judge Presents: Tales From the Tour Bus (MoMAX): Repeat. This past Friday night’s series premiere episode, “Johnny Paycheck,” replays. Runs 30 minutes.
- Room 104 (HBO2): Repeat. This past Friday night’s episode, “Boris,” replays. Runs 30 minutes. Plays again later on HBO.
- Will & Grace (NBC): Season Premiere. Jack and Karen try to help Will and Grace keep something from each other, but it doesn’t quite work out. Runs 30 minutes.
- CBS has Thursday Night Football NFL action with the Chicago Bears at the Green Bay Packers.
- ESPN has Thursday Night College Football with Texas at Iowa State.
- Golf Channel has Day 1 coverage of the 2017 President’s Cup golf tournament.
- MLB Network has a game today and a doubleheader tonight.
Thursday TV Marathons
Blue Bloods (ION): Has 14 episodes.
CSI: Crime Scene Investigation (Oxygen): Has 11 episodes.
Law & Order (SundanceTV): Has 11 episodes today into late night.
Law & Order: Criminal Intent (WEtv): Nine episodes.
NCIS (USA Network): Has 13 episodes.