News & Notes
On cable tonight, ABC Family has the TV movie premiere of The Cutting Edge 3: Chasing the Dream, ESPN has part one of the two-part Black Magic special, HBO has the miniseries premiere of John Adams, HGTV has the series premiere of Myles of Style, TBS has a new World’s Funniest Commercials special, TLC has the series premiere of I Can Make You Thin With Paul McKenna, and VH1 has the second season finale of Scott Baio is 46 … and Pregnant.
Enter for your chance at up to 150 Free Pepsi Stuff Points. That’s enough points for 10 TV episodes and six DRM-Free MP3s at Amazon.
The Simpsons (FOX): Repeat. Sideshow Bob is trying to lure Bart to his doom in this replay of “Funeral for a Fiend.”
Aliens in America (The CW): New. Justin joins his mother at the community theater and ends up making friends with the lead actress. Meanwhile, Claire feels helpless in her attempts to help after joining the teen hotline at school.
Cold Case (CBS): Repeat. The team is looking into the 1989 shooting of a woman that just died after being in a coma since then. They find that she was a grifter that worked with a partner and that there were a lot of people that wanted to see her dead back then.
Dexter (CBS): Repeat. In episode five, “Love American Style,” the Ice Truck Killer’s latest victim was left alive. Meanwhile, Dexter is after a killer human trafficker.
Everybody Hates Chris (The CW): New. Chris is trying to get invited to a “spin the bottle” party after he finds out that Tasha goes to them all the time.
King of the Hill (FOX): New. A child has gone missing and the school holds a meeting. Peggy’s parenting skills get called into question.
Law & Order (NBC): Repeat. The wife and daughter of a big time executive have gone missing and their housekeeper has been killed. Green and Lupo investigate.
Law & Order: Special Victims Unit (NBC): Repeat. Melissa Joan Hart (Sabrina, the Teenage Witch) guest stars as a teacher accused of giving one of her students a sexually transmitted disease.
John Adams (HBO): Miniseries Premiere. The first two of the seven-part miniseries plays tonight. Running a total of two hours and 45 minutes. The entire miniseries follows Adams from the Boston Massacre to the American Revolution and then his last days. Stars Paul Giamatti (Sideways) as Adams, Laura Linney (Breach) as his wife Abigail, David Morse (Disturbia, Hack) as George Washington, Rufus Sewell (Amazing Grace) as Alexander Hamilton, and Tom Wilkinson (Michael Clayton) as Benjamin Franklin. New episodes play each Sunday with multiple replays throughout the week.
- Army Wives (Lifetime): Repeat. Episode two, “After Birth,” replays, where Pamela finds that the family that hired her as a surrogate are out of town and can’t make it back right away. Plays again later.
- Breaking Bad (AMC): Repeat. The first season begins replaying with the “Pilot” episode tonight, which plays twice and again later. If you missed it the first time around it is well worth checking out. Read review.
- In Treatment (HBO): Repeats. The last week’s five episodes replay tonight before the premiere of John Adams. The first 15 episodes of the series are available free at Amazon Unbox.
- Dirt (FX): New. Lucy wants to bring down a music mogul and Don uncovers a secret. Plays twice and again later.
- Iron Chef America (Food Network): New. Iron Chef Bobby Flay is pushed to the limits by Las Vegas chef Akira Black. Plays again later.
- Ultimate Recipe Showdown (Food Network): New. This week it is “Pasta.” The three categories are Spaghetti and Meatballs, Stuffed Pasta and Lasagna. The winner goes home with $25,000. Plays again later. Last week’s episode, “Cakes,” replays earlier in the day.
- Wisegal (Lifetime): Released 2008. Based on the true story of Patty Montanari, a woman that ends up a trusted confidant in the Mafia, who was just trying to do right by her two sons after the death of her cop husband. It stars Alyssa Milano (Charmed), Jason Gedrick (Boomtown) and James Caan (Las Vegas). Read review. Runs two hours. Plays again tomorrow night.
- World’s Funniest Commercials: Hilarious Liaisons (TBS) New. Kathy Griffin, no relation, hosts this new special where 50 ads featuring relationships are shown from around the world. Plays again later.
- ABC has NBA action that includes the Los Angeles Lakers at the Houston Rockets, who are attempting to win their 22nd game in a row today.
- CBS has college basketball action with the SEC and Big Ten conference tournament finals followed by the NCAA Basketball Championship Selection Show.
- ESPN has college basketball action with the ACC conference tournament final.
- ESPN2 has college basketball action with the Southland conference tournament final.
- FOX has NASCAR racing with the Sprint Cup: Food City 500.
- NBA TV has the Toronto Raptors at the Sacramento Kings.
- NBC has NHL action followed by the final round of the Arnold Palmer Invitational golf tournament.
- Mad Men (AMC): Repeat. Episode nine, “Shoot,” replays, where a rival firm is trying to get Don to join them.
A&E has five hours of The Sopranos episodes.
ABC Family has The Cutting Edge, The Cutting Edge 2: Going for the Gold and then the premiere of The Cutting Edge 3: Chasing the Dream, which plays twice.
Bravo has five hours of Work Out early.
MTV has 12 episodes of America’s Next Top Model.
Spike TV has eight episodes of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation.
Will you be checking out the Dirt on John Adams or searching for Aliens in America with help from a Wisegal?