Well, TVaholic.com turned four yesterday. It was four years ago yesterday that the first post went live. Once again, there’s been a lot of fun had, many, many, many TV shows watched, and posts written over the past year, since the site’s third birthday.
Some Happenings From the Last Year at TVaholic
- The consecutive daily posting streak of Tonight on the Tube now stands at 238, as of this morning due to snow, a power outage, and a customer service and shipping failure. The previous streak ended at 725 when that happened.
- Started recording the TV times Three podcast with Amrie from My Take on TV and Rae from RTVW Online. The first episode, a two-parter, debuted on Sept. 23rd, 2008. Which means we are just about a month away from our first anniversary over there. As of this point we’ve released 41 episodes and will have released 44 in the first year of the podcast. Right now we’re in the middle of our Fall 2009 Preview episodes, so far covering Cable TV and The CW. FOX, NBC, ABC and CBS previews are coming over the next four weeks.
- Redesigned the site using the Thesis theme and got a new logo designed.
- In June, Spent the day down in Portland on the set of Leverage during the filming of last week’s episode, “The Two Live Crew.” It’s always fun seeing how shows get made. Listen to interviews with star Christian Kane and writer, executive producer and co-creator John Rogers.
- Went to Comic Con for the first time. Yes, the 40th San Diego Comic Con was my first and it was quite the experience. I’ve been slow to post many of the interviews and photos from my time there, but some of the highlights included meeting the cast of Chuck at the Warner Bros. Television party, exclusive interviews with the cast of Warehouse 13, and of course, meeting many of the other TV bloggers and critics out there. That last part included meeting my fellow podcaster Amrie for the first time in person.
- Kept the Printable Primetime TV Schedules updated for Winter, Spring, Summer and now, once again, back to Fall. It all fits on one page, in daily grid format. So, you can find out which shows play on which nights, when they premiere and what they are up against in each hour of primetime. Want one? All you need to do is signup via email to receive free daily updates from TVaholic. You’ll find a link marked Free Subscriber Downloads at the bottom of each article. Or, for those who prefer RSS, you can grab the feed.
Some TVaholic Site Stats
Total Posts: 2058 including this one (469 over this past year)
Total Comments: 1982 (983 over this past year)
Total RSS Subscribers: 1944 (711 added this past year)
Twitter Followers: 1044 (I was at 87 as of Sept. 25th, 2008 according to TwitterCounter)
Three Most Viewed Posts:
- Character Photos from Sci Fi Channel’s Tin Man Miniseries – I guess people really like the photos.
- Mmmm, Donut Cakes & More in the Latest Food Network Challenge – Who doesn’t like donuts? This one was on this list last year, so apparently lots of people like donuts, and cake.
- Review: Stargate Atlantis – Season 5 Premiere on Sci Fi – Photos – Have no idea why, but maybe the photos.
A Couple of the TVaholic’s Favorite Posts: