Tonight on the Tube: Leverage, My Boys S.4 Premiere & The Glades
News & Notes
On cable tonight, AMC has the fourth season premiere of Mad Men, Bio has the fifth season premiere of I Survived…, Comedy Central has a Steve Byrne: The Byrne Identity comedy special, TBS has the fourth season premiere of My Boys special, and TLC a Born on a Bad Day special.
Last day at San Diego Comic-Con 2010 includes panels for Castle, Glee, Smallville, and Sons of Anarchy. You can follow me around the convention via Twitter (@theTVaholic) or Facebook. You can also keep up with the blog by becoming a fan on Facebook. For videos you can subscribe to theTVaholic YouTube channel and for photos follow theTVaholic photostream at Flickr.
Challenge (Food Network): New. Competitors build ghostly cakes with a story to match in hopes of winning the prize. Plays again later.
Leverage (TNT): New. The team learns that their latest target isn’t only a greedy debt collector, but also funding domestic terrorists. Plays again later. Last week’s episode, “The Studio Job,” replays earlier in the day.
The Glades (A&E): New. A string or murders is being investigated. Carlos and Daniel go to extremes to try and save lives. Plays twice and again later twice. Last week’s episode, “Bird in the Hand,” replays earlier in the day.
- Army Wives (Lifetime): New. Roxy witnesses a female soldier get taken away in front of her son and hopes Claudia Joy will look into it for her. Plays again later.
- Drop Dead Diva (Lifetime): New. Deb’s mother comes to Jane for legal help. Grayson and Kim are dealing with a couple that is fighting over their pet chimp. Plays again later two times.
- Entourage (HBO): New. Turtle can’t trust Alex. Drama goes to Bob Saget for help trying to smooth things out after a bad first impression with a potential co-star. Runs 30 minutes. Plays again later.
- The Gates (ABC): New. Nick is forced into an uncomfortable alliance. Marcus is trying to find out what happened to Teresa.
- Man Men (AMC): Season Premiere. Don may have made a mistake that could damage the new agency. Runs 55 minutes. Plays again later twice.
- My Boys (TBS): Season Premiere. Two episodes play tonight to kick off the fourth season. In the first, the group is looking for a new poker player after Andy moves. In the second, PJ, Bobby, Kenny and Stephanie attempt to go out to a nice dinner like adults. Both play again later. Review: I love this show and am happy to have it back. Just wish it were going to be for more episodes than we are going to get. I was worried about the loss of Jim Gaffigan, as he focuses on his stand-up career, but this is a solid ensemble that was able to pick up the slack. The opening sequence has a lot of fun with his absence and the search for a new poker player is hilarious, even if it ends up exactly where you figure it will go. The second episode plays with the idea of acting like grown ups. One group wants a sophisticated night out, while the other has a party night in. How the night works out is very funny. There is still plenty of funny and I sure would like to see the ratings be good, so we can get another season. Are you happy to have My Boys back?
- The Next Food Network Star (Food Network): New. Last year’s winner meets the six remaining contestants. Then they have to use Kellogg’s cereals to cook “dinner for breakfast.” Plays again later.
- True Blood (HBO): New. Bill’s fate is in Lorena’s hands. Tommy is finding leaving his family to be tough. Plays again later.
- Unnatural History (Cartoon Network): Repeat. Last Tuesday’s episode, “Fountain of Truth,” replays.
- ESPN has NASCAR racing action with the Sprint Cup” Brickyard 400 and later Sunday Night Baseball MLB action with the St. Louis Cardinals at the Chicago Cubs.
- ESPN2 has final round coverage of The British Open early.
- TBS has MLB action with the Colorado Rockies at the Philadelphia Phillies.
- Versus has coverage of the Tour de France: Stage 20. Replays multiple times.
- Covert Affairs (USA): Repeat. Last Tuesday’s episode, “Walter’s Walk,” replays.
- Haven (Syfy): Repeat. Last Friday’s episode, “Harmony,” replays.
- Rescue Me (FX): Repeat. Last Tuesday’s episode, “Breakout,” replays.
A&E has nine episodes of Criminal Minds.
Discovery Channel has 11 episodes of Deadliest Catch.
History has seven episodes of Ice Road Truckers.
Oxygen has 13 episodes of Snapped.
Spike TV has seven episodes of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation.
TLC has six episodes of I Didn’t Know I Was Pregnant.
Travel Channel has five episodes of Earth Wonders tonight.
USA has six episodes of NCIS.
WE has five episodes of Bridezillas.