News & Notes
On cable tonight, Food Network has the ninth season finale of Ace of Cakes, FX has the sixth season finale of It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia and the second season finale of The League, Hallmark Channel has the TV movie premiere of The Santa Incident, ID has the fifth season premiere of Deadly Women, and Syfy has the first season finale of Fact or Faked: Paranormal Files.
The Vampire Diaries (The CW): New. Caroline is attempting to help Tyler with his first transformation. Alaric and Damon become suspicious of a newcomer in town. Luca and Bonnie are working on a spell.
Fringe (FOX): New. The team is investigating the extraction of a man’s heart. Peter is trying to deal with his relationship with the Olivias.
Burn Notice (USA): New. Michael helps Sam try and clear and old friend of Sam’s. Michael meets Jesse’s handler. Plays again later. Last week’s episode, “Brotherly Love,” replays earlier in the day.
Community (NBC): New. Abed wakes up in the middle of stop motion animation and decides the group needs to rediscover the meaning of Christmas. Britta and Jeff become concerned for Abed’s mental heatlh.
30 Rock (NBC): New. Avery and Liz attempt to get Jack to confess all the things he has been keeping from his mother when she comes for a visit. Liz also tries to help fix things between Jenna and Paul.
The Office (NBC): New. Holly Flax is sent to takeover for Toby when he takes a leave. Michael wants Pam to plan the Christmas party to coincide with Holly’s return.
The Mentalist (CBS): New. Patrick and the team investigate the murder of a Santa. Patrick goes undercover at an AA meeting.
- Ace of Cakes (Food Network): Season Finale. Duff and the gang make a cake for Shakespeare’s Globe Theatre in London. Plays again later.
- The Big Bang Theory (CBS): New. Amy thinks she may have feelings for Penny’s ex. Koothrappali and Wolowitz try to prove who would be the better superhero. Runs 31 minutes.
- Bones (FOX): New. The skeletal remains of a brilliant and very accomplished surgeon is found in a bad neighborhood. Brennan identifies with the victim. Enrico Colantoni (Flashpoint, Veronica Mars) and Francis Capra (Veronica Mars) guest star. This is a very good episode for Emily Deschanel, as she is even more featured than normal and does some really good work. It’s also a very interesting story for Bones/Brennan, as she comes to some realizations. Sadly though, all that happens is only three days away from being pretty much forgotten. That last sentence will make more sense once you’ve seen the episode. It seems to me that six seasons in that some growth would take place, but alas Bones is pretty much the same as she ever was. One-off episodes that show some short-lived change like tonight’s will most likely be is very disappointing.
- CSI: Crime Scene Investigation (CBS): New. The CSIs are tracking a killer that has taken an FBI agents child.
- Disney Prep & Landing (ABC): Repeat. An elite group of elves prepares the homes for Santa’s arrival.
- Nikita (The CW): New. Alex gets her first assignment to take someone out. Birkoff finds the program that Alex has been using to communicate with Nikita.
- Shrek the Halls (ABC): Repeat. Shrek’s plan for a cozy Christmas doesn’t go as planned.
- ESPN has a college basketball game with Georgetown at Temple.
- ESPN2 has doubleheader college basketball action.
- NFL Network has Thursday Night Football action with the Dallas Cowboys at the Indianapolis Colts.
- NHL Network has hockey action with the San Jose Sharks at the Philadelphia Flyers.
- TNT has doubleheader NBA action with the Boston Celtics at the Philadelphia 76ers followed by the Orlando Magic at the Portland Trail Blazers.
- Psych (USA): Repeat. Last night’s episode, “We’d Like to Thank the Academy,” replays.
A&E has five episodes of The First 48.
Bravo has nine episodes of America’s Next Top Model followed by six episodes of The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills.
Oxygen has six episodes of Jersey Couture early.
Syfy has nine episodes of Fact or Faked: Paranormal Files.
USA has seven episodes of House.
What’s on tap for you tonight?