TV Monday: Switched at Birth, The Following, Castle & More
News & Notes
Tonight, CBS has the seventh season premiere of Rules of Engagement.
Over on cable, BBC America has the 19th season premiere of Top Gear, Discovery Channel has first season finales of Extreme Smuggling and Shipwreck Men, TNT has the series premiere of Monday Mornings, and Travel Channel has the series finale of The Layover With Anthony Bourdain and a Hotel Impossible special.
Switched at Birth (ABC Family): New. Daphne takes on too much. Kathryn offers to be the director for the school play at Bay’s new school. Plays again later. Last week’s episode, “Dressing for the Charade,” replays right before.
The Following (FOX): New. The FBI is attempting to predict what a new follower will do. Find out more about Hardy and Carroll’s relationship and how it began. Replays Friday night.
Castle (ABC): New. Castle and Beckett learn that Sen. Bracken may be linked to a young woman’s death. Being that he was responsible for Beckett’s mother’s death, it causes problems for Beckett and the investigation. Starts a minute after the hour and runs 59 minutes.
The Carrie Diaries (The CW): New. Carrie brings Walt along to a party in the city. Doritt tries to sneak out of the house.
Bunheads (ABC Family): New. Michelle and her brother take a road trip. Sasha throws a housewarming party. Last week’s episode, “The Astronaut and the Ballerina,” replays earlier this evening.
Lost Girl (Syfy): New. A weird role reversal has Kensi and Lauren wielding Fae powers and having to work together to save their Fae friends that have lost their powers. Plays again later.
- Being Human (Syfy): New. Sally tries to reach out to Aidan. Josh attempts to help Aidan find untainted blood. Plays again later.
- Bones (FOX): New. Angie goes undercover on a roller derby team to help solve a case. Cam tries to find out why Booth is secretly visiting the hospital.
- Continuum (Syfy): New. Keira and Carlos investigate the murder of a scientist that is close to an energy breakthrough. Plays again later. Last week’s episode, “Wasting Time,” replays right before and earlier this morning.
- Dallas (TNT): New. Christopher is attempting to find a connection between Pamela and a crime. A new family member arrives at the ranch. Ann goes after Ryland. Plays again later.
- Hawaii Five-0 (CBS): New. Peter Weller guest stars as a double amputee that holds the police, including McGarrett, responsible and sets out to take his revenge.
- How I Met Your Mother (CBS): New. Barney finds a lost episode of “Underneath the Music” that featured Robin Sparkles. The gang is worried that Ted’s new girlfriend is a stalker. Runs 30 minutes.
- Monday Mornings (TNT): Series Premiere. Doctors solve cases, but have to deal with the Monday morning Morbidity and Mortality conference when they make and error. Runs 65 minutes. Plays again later. Absolutely fantastic cast with Alfred Molina, Ving Rhames, Jamie Bamber, Jennifer Finnigan, and Jonathan Silverman, but overall I didn’t find this show all that engaging. Have seen the first three episodes and that was more than enough for me.
- Rules of Engagement (CBS): Season Premiere. Liz moves in with Audrey and Jeff, which really annoys Audrey. Runs 30 minutes.
- ESPN has doubleheader college basketball action with Notre Dame at Syracuse followed by Texas at West Virginia.
- ESPN2 has doubleheader women’s college basketball action with Purdue at Penn State followed by Texas A&M at LSU.
- NBA TV has a game tonight with the Sacramento Kings at the Utah Jazz.
- NBC Sports has college basketball action with George Mason at Old Dominion followed by NHL action.
Monday TV Marathons
Criminal Minds (ION): Nine episodes tonight.
Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives (Food Network): Has 10 episodes tonight.
Law & Order: Criminal Intent (Oxygen): Eight episodes today.
Martin (TV One): Has 12 episodes early.
The Mentalist (TNT): Five episodes tonight.
NCIS (USA Network): Eight episodes.
Roseanne (WE tv): Has 18 episodes tonight.