News & Notes
Tonight, ABC has the third season finale of Extreme Weight Loss.
Over on cable, BBC America has the third season premiere of Luther, CNBC has the first season finale of The Profit, Comedy Central has the fifth summer season premiere of Tosh.0 and the second season premiere of Brickleberry, HBO has the eighth season finale of Hard Knocks, History has the fourth season premiere of Top Gear and the series premiere of We’re the Fugawis, OWN has the first summer season finale of The Haves and the Have Nots, and TNT has the series premiere of Cold Justice.
Whose Line Is It Anyway? (The CW): New. Nyima Funk (SuperNews!) joins the panel and Maggie Q (Nikita) joins in for a couple of games. A repeat episode follows.
Covert Affairs (USA Network): New. Annie gets Teo to turn on one of his men. Joan has a decision to make. We see who Calder really is and Auggie deals with some trouble. Runs 61 minutes. Plays again later.
Suits (USA Network): New. The murder trial begins and Harvey, Mike and Jessica must work together. Donna and Louis want to get revenge. Starts a minute after the hour and runs 61 minutes. Plays again later.
- Luther (BBC America): Season Premiere. Luther investigates murders that are similar to some unsolved cases from the 1980s. Plays again later.
- Rizzoli & Isles (TNT): New. During a mock trial competition an advisor dies. Jane is worried about her mother. Plays again later. Last week’s episode, “Built for Speed,” replays right before.
- ESPN has the men’s round of 16 and the women’s quarter finals of the U.S. Open tennis tournament this evening.
- ESPN2 has the men’s round of 16 and the women’s quarter finals of the U.S. Open tennis tournament this morning.
- MLB Network has a game tonight.
- Graceland (USA Network): Repeat. Last Thursday’s episode, “King’s Castle,” replays.
Tuesday TV Marathons
Criminal Minds (ION): Nine episodes.
The Jeffersons (TV One): Has 12 episodes early.
Law & Order: Special Victims Unit (USA Network): Has 15 episodes.