News & Notes
Tonight, CBS has the 47th season premiere of 60 Minutes, the series premiere of Madam Secretary and the sixth season premiere of The Good Wife, FOX has an American Dad special, and PBS has the sixth season premiere of Miss Marple.
Over on cable, Disney has the second season premiere of Liv and Maddie, Food Network has the fourth season finale of Rachael vs. Guy: Celebrity Cook-Off and the fifth season premiere of Cutthroat Kitchen, and LMN has the TV movie premiere of The Hazing Secret.
In late night, Adult Swim has the series premiere of Mr. Pickle and the eighth season premiere of Squidbillies.
Next Sunday, ABC has the fourth season premiere of Once Upon a Time, the second season premiere of Resurrection and the fourth season premiere of Revenge, CBS has the 15th season premiere of CSI: Crimes Scene Investigation, and FOX has the 26th season premiere of The Simpsons, the second season premiere of Brooklyn Nine-Nine and the 13th season premiere of Family Guy.
Madam Secretary (CBS): Series Premiere. Secretary of State Elizabeth McCord, played by Téa Leoni, faces lots of political challenges and an international hostage situation after agreeing to take the job after the previous office holder died in a plane crash. Plays again later. There is some real potential here, as the cast is great. I like much of this first episode, at least enough to want to see more. Hopefully it improves, as it could prove to be a really good companion piece to The Good Wife. Will you be checking this one out tonight?
The Good Wife (CBS): Season Premiere. Alicia doesn’t want to run for State’s Attorney and deals with Eli pressuring her to do so. Diane contemplates joining Florrick/Agos, as a crisis could tear the firm apart. So looking forward to the return of this show tonight, how about you?
The Strain (FX): New. Setrakian takes Eph, Fet and Nora to hunt for the Master’s lair. Zack takes a risk to protect Mariela. Runs 61 minutes. Plays twice and again later.
- The Great Food Truck Race (Food Network): New. The remaining three teams have to cook locally in Mobile, Alabama. Plays again later.
- The Knick (MoMax): Repeat. This past Friday’s episode, “Start Calling Me Dad,” replays.
- The Lottery (Lifetime): New. Vanessa wants to know what Darius’ plan is. Alison goes with Kyle to a meeting with the MayTwos. Starts a minute after the hour and runs 61 minutes. Plays again later.
- Manhattan (WGN America): New. “Spooky Action at a Distance.” Runs 61 minutes.
- Masters of Sex (Showtime): New. Masters and Johnson deal with a television crew that is documenting their work. Plays again later two times. Last week’s episode, “Below the Belt,” replays earlier this evening.
- Once Upon a Time (ABC): Repeat. The third season finale episode, “There’s No Place Like Home,” replays. Next week is the fourth season premiere.
- Resurrection (ABC): Repeat. The first season finale episode, “Torn Apart,” replays. Next week is the second season premiere.
- Revenge (ABC): Repeat. The third season finale episode, “Execution,” replays. Next week is the fourth season premiere.
- Witches of East End (Lifetime): New. Joanna deals with the devastation that Tarkoff has wrought. Dash’s secrets start to get out. Wendy and Joanna meet their father once again. Runs 61 minutes. Plays again later.
- CBS has NFL action today.
- ESPN has Sunday Night Baseball MLB action with Cincinnati Reds at the St. Louis Cardinals.
- FOX has NFL action.
- NBC has Sunday Night Football NFL action tonight with the Pittsburgh Steelers at the Carolina Panthers.
- TBS has MLB action today with the Detroit Tigers at the Kansas City Royals.
- Satisfaction (USA Network): Repeat. This past Thursday night’s first season finale episode, “…Through Resolution,” replays.
Sunday TV Marathons
Criminal Minds (A&E): Five episodes early.
CSI: Miami (WEtv): Seven episodes tonight.
Law & Order (TNT): Seven episodes early.
Leverage (ION): Has 10 episodes.
NCIS (USA Network): Has 12 episodes.
Roseanne (WEtv): Has 12 episodes today.