News & Notes
Over on cable, Disney has the series premiere of Star Wars Rebels, Nickelodeon has the third season premiere of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Showtime has the documentary premiere of Mistaken for Strangers, and TNT has the series premiere of On the Menu.
In late night, Comedy Central has the third season premiere of Gabriel Iglesias Presents Stand-Up Revolution.
Amazon Prime has the first fall season premiere of kids comedy series Creative Galaxy available as of this morning.
Whose Line Is It Anyway? (The CW): New. NBA player Matt Barnes and comedian Gary Anthony Williams join in the fun. A repeat episode follows.
A to Z (NBC): Repeat. Last night’s series premiere episode, “Pilot,” replays. Worth checking out if you missed it.
Hawaii Five-0 (CBS): New. The team searches for the daughter of a Navy SEAL after she is abducted. Danny’s brother also gets taken captive.
The Knick (Cinemax): New. A drug-deprived Thackery, while suffering from withdrawal, believes that another surgeon will outshine him at a big event. The staff members want to keep Typhoid Mary quarantined. Plays twice. Last week’s episode, “Get the Rope,” replays right before over on MoMax.
On the Menu (TNT): Series Premiere. Home cooks compete to create a new burger for Chili’s and the winner will have their creation featured on the Chili’s menu. Don’t know whether the show will itself will be any good, but I’ve always thought that the missing ingredient in many cooking shows is that you never get a chance to taste the dishes that get cooked. Well, with this show, the winning dish will be on the menu at the featured restaurant, in this case Chili’s, on Saturday. So, you can actually taste the winning dish. Other restaurants to come are Denny’s, California Pizza Kitchen, The Cheesecake Factory, Outback and more.
Gotham (FOX): Repeat. This past Monday night’s episode, “Selina Kyle,” replays.
Blue Bloods (CBS): New. Jamie catches some flak for not shunning another cop that testified against her former partner, including from Eddie. Erin and Danny disagree after a closed case ends up in a new murder.
- Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives (Food Network): New. Guy checks out some “Small Town Standouts.” Plays again later.
- Last Man Standing (ABC): Season Premiere. Two episodes play. In the first Eve is the first female to kick for the school football team. In the second, Ryan doesn’t like the violent video games that Mike is playing with Boyd.
- Masters of Sex (Showtime): Repeat. This past Sunday night’s second season finale episode, “The Revolution Will Not Be Televised,” replays. Plays again later.
- ESPN has doubleheader Friday Night College Football with Louisville at Syracuse followed by Utah State at BYU.
- FS1 has doubleheader NLDS MLB Playoff action with the San Francisco Giants at the Washington Nationals followed by the St. Louis Cardinals at the Los Angeles Dodgers.
- TBS has ALDS MLB Playoff action early with the Detroit Tigers at the Baltimore Orioles and later tonight the Kansas City Royals at the Los Angeles Angels.
Friday TV Marathons
Cold Case (ION): Six episodes today.
Criminal Minds (A&E): Five episodes tonight.
Good Times (TV One): Has 12 episodes early.
Hawaii Five-0 (TNT): Five episodes in late night.
Law & Order (SundanceTV): Eight episodes tonight.
Law & Order: Special Victims Unit (USA Network): Has 15 episodes.