News & Notes
Over on cable, A&E has the series premiere of Wild Transport, ABC Family has the fifth winter season premiere of Pretty Little Liars and the fourth season premiere of Switched at Birth, HGTV has the second season premiere of Fixer Upper, OWN has the second season premiere of The Haves and the Have Nots, Showtime has the third season premiere of 60 Minutes Sports, Spike TV has the series premiere of Framework, TBS has the sixth season premiere of Cougar Town, and truTV has the series premiere of Hack My Life.
In late night, MTV has the 26th season premiere of The Real World/Road Rules Challenge.
Agent Carter (ABC): Series Premiere. Howard Stark is framed as the series opens, whick picks up after the events of Captain America: The First Avenger. I have very much been looking forward to this one. How about you?
Agent Carter (ABC): New. A deadly weapon ends up in the wrong hands. This will be the show’s regular time slot as of next week.
Person of Interest (CBS): New. The team attempts to stop a potential global catastrophe after Samaritan sets its sites on the stock exchange. Starts a minute after the hour and runs 59 minutes.
Pretty Little Liars (ABC Family): Winter Premiere. The girls set out to find justice for Mona. Aria is concerned about her future. Plays again later two times.
Marry Me (NBC): New. Everybody attends a baby shower, but can’t remember the name of the host. Annie and Jake talk about their plans for family.
The Mindy Project (FOX): New. Mindy heads to Stanford, but doesn’t make the best first impression.
Ground Floor (TBS): New. Brody is a little disturbed when he learns that his first assignment is to help take down Mansfield. Harvard learns about online dating. Runs 30 minutes. Plays again later.
Cougar Town (TBS): Season Premiere. Jules vows to not drink in solidarity with a pregnant Laurie, but nobody else will join her. Grayson tries to give Travis some parenting tips. Runs 30 minutes. Plays again later.
- About a Boy (NBC): New. Marcus and Will celebrate the one year anniversary of being friends.
- Forever (ABC): New. Henry helps investigate the death of a young investor.
- Girlfriends’ Guide to Divorce (Bravo): New. The group head to Vegas for Phoebe’s photo shoot. Abby begins to work on a new book. Plays again later.
- The Missing (Starz): Repeats. The past two episodes, “Concrete” and “Return to Eden,” replays. The second one plays again later.
- NCIS (CBS): New. The team investigates what look like copycat crimes. Gibbs deals with two of his ex-wives.
- NCIS: New Orleans (CBS): New. The team finds out that Pride was the target of a Gala bombing. Runs 61 minutes.
- New Girl (FOX): New. Winston graduates from the academy. Jess and Schmidt work to stop construction outside the loft that is keeping them up at night.
- Parks & Recreation (NBC): Repeat. The sixth season finale episode, “Moving Up,” replays. Season seven premieres next Tuesday, January 13th.
- Switched at Birth (ABC Family): Season Premiere. Bay deals with the fallout after covering for Daphne. Daphne starts college and deals with the guilt over letting Bay do what she did. Plays again later.
- CBS Sports has tripleheader college basketball action tonight with St. Louis at George Washington, Providence at Butler and New Mexico at San Diego State.
- ESPN has doubleheader college basketball action tonight with Arkansas at Georgia and Ohio State at Minnesota.
- ESPN2 has doubleheader college basketball action with UConn at South Florida and Oklahoma State at Iowa State.
- ESPNU has doubleheader college basketball action with East Carolina at Cincinnati and Auburn at Vanderbilt.
- FS1 has doubleheader college basketball action with Marquette at Georgetown and Villanova at St. John’s.
- NBA TV has a game tonight.
Tuesday TV Marathons
Criminal Minds (ION): Has 10 episodes.
Law & Order (WEtv): Has 11 episodes tonight into late night.
Law & Order: Special Victims Unit (USA Network): Has 11 episodes and another six in late night.
Martin (TV One): Has episodes most of the day.
Modern Family (USA Network): Has 10 episodes tonight.
Pretty Little Liars (ABC Family): Nine episodes.
Star Trek: The Next Generation (BBC America): Has seven episodes that play twice.