News & Notes
Over on cable, ABC Family has the fourth season premieres of Melissa & Joey and Baby Daddy, CNBC has the third winter season premiere of The Car Chasers, Comedy Central has the fifth season premiere of Workaholics and the second season premiere of Broad City, Discovery Channel has Dual Survival special, FXX has the 10th season premiere of It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia and the series premiere of Man Seeking Woman, and Oxygen has the first season finale of Fix My Choir.
The Mentalist (CBS): New. Lisbon’s brother is wanted in connection to a homicide as a witness.
Modern Family (ABC): New. Jay and Gloria have a disagreement. The Dunphys are fed up. Cameron brings Lily with him to clown school Runs 31 minutes.
black-ish (ABC): New. Dre sets out to teach his kids about Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. while the family is on its annual MLK holiday ski trip. Starts a minute after the half hour and runs 29 minutes.
Hindsight (VH1): New. Becca deals with the aftermath of running out on her wedding, as she also wonders about her new position at work. Plays again later two times. Last week’s series premiere episode, “Pilot,” episode replays earlier this afternoon.
Melissa & Joey (ABC Family): Season Premiere. Joe and Mel end up going to a cabin for their honeymoon after their Tahiti trip falls through. Plays again later.
Baby Daddy (ABC): Season Premiere. Ben sets out to find out how is Riley really feels about his brother and vice versa. Plays again later.
Empire (FOX): New. Lucious attempts to keep the IPO on track after one of his artists is suspected in a murder. Cookie turns out to be a great help. Police begin investigating the murder of Bunkie.
Episodes (Showtime): Repeat. This past Sunday’s fourth season premiere episode, “Episode 401” replays. Runs 30 minutes.
- Arrow (The CW): Repeat. The midseason finale episode, “The Climb,” replays. The season resumes next Wednesday.
- Criminal Minds (CBS): New. The team heads to Nevada to investigate when a bunch of frozen bodies are found floating in water.
- The Flash (The CW): Repeat. The midseason finale episode, “The Man in the Yellow Suit,” replays. The season resumes next Tuesday.
- Man Seeking Woman (FXX): Series Premiere. A guy seeking love after his recent breakup finds that dating is strange. Runs 30 minutes. Plays again later three times. Well, FX/FXX has done it again. They’ve created another “comedy” that isn’t for me. I get where they are going with the absurdist situations, but I just didn’t find them funny. I laughed a total of two times while watching the first two episodes. The second time was at the very end of the second one. So, that is a lot of time to go without even cracking a smile. But, I will say that if you like some of FX/FXX’s other comedic offerings then you might like this as well. It was two and out for me and I only watched the second one because it was right there on the screener DVD to watch. If you do watch, I’d sure like to hear your opinion on the show?
- The Missing (Starz): Repeat. This past Saturday night’s first season finale episode, “Till Death,” replays. Plays again later.
- CBS Sports has doubleheader college basketball action tonight with SMU at Temple and Creighton at Marquette.
- ESPN has doubleheader NBA action tonight.
- ESPN2 has tripleheader college basketball action tonight with North Carolina at North Carolina State, UCLA at USC and San Diego State at Wyoming.
- ESPNU has tripleheader college basketball action tonight with Houston at East Carolina, Iowa State at Baylor and Stanford at California.
- FS1 has doubleheader college basketball action tonight with St. John’s at Providence and Xavier at Villanova.
- Cougar Town (TBS): Repeat. Last night’s episode, “Full Grown Boy,” replays.
Wednesday TV Marathons
Cold Case (ION): Nine episodes tonight into late night.
NCIS (USA Network): Has 13 episodes.
Numbers (ION): Nine episodes today.
Sanford and Son (TV One): Has 10 episodes early.
Supernatural (TNT): Has 10 episodes.