Saturday TV: MythBusters, Black Sails, Beowulf & More
News & Notes
Tonight, FOX has Jeff Gordon’s Daytona 500 Preview Party special.
Over on cable, Discovery Channel has a Telescope special, Lifetime has the TV movie premiere of Pregnant at 17, and TV One has the TV movie premiere of Definitely Divorcing.
MythBusters (Discovery Channel): New. Gummy bears as rocket fuel is tested. Runs 61 minutes. Plays again later.
Black Sails (Starz): New. Silver thinks Flint needs to make some kind of move or will end up dead. Eleanor and Rogers deal with something new. Plays three times and again later. Last week’s episode, “XXII,” replays right before.
Beowulf (Esquire Network): New. A new treaty is being worked towards, but things don’t go as planned. Gorrik’s daughter gets sick and the only known cure is hard to retrieve. Plays again later.
Billions (Showtime): Repeat. This past Sunday night’s episode, “The Good Life,” replays. Plays again later.
Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives (Food Network): Repeat. Guy tries “Rockin’ New Orleans.” This is the second of four repeat specials that play tonight. All four play again later.
Saturday Night Live (NBC): Repeat. A vintage episode with Rob Lowe hosting and Eminem featuring Dido as musical guest.
- ABC has NBA action tonight with the Golden State Warriors at the Los Angeles Clippers.
- CBS has men’s college basketball action today with Miami at North Carolina.
- CBS Sports has women’s college basketball action today with Army at Navy followed by men’s action with Army at Navy and then doubleheader men’s action with Illinois State at Northern Iowa followed by Louisiana Tech at UTEP, then women’s action with UConn at East Carolina and closing out the night with men’s action with Nevada at UNLV.
- ESPN has five men’s college basketball games with Duke at Louisville, Baylor at Texas, Oklahoma at West Virginia, Kentucky at Texas A&M and Purdue at Indiana.
- ESPN2 has six men’s college basketball games with Georgia at Vanderbilt, Pittsburgh at Syracuse, UConn at Cincinnati, Kansas at Kansas State, Notre Dame at Georgia Tech and St. Mary’s California at Gonzaga.
- ESPNU has six men’s college basketball games with Memphis at South Florida, Penn State at Rutgers, LSU at Tennessee, TCU at Iowa State, Texas Tech at Oklahoma State and Hawaii at UC Irvine.
- FOX has doubleheader men’s college basketball action today with Xavier at Georgetown followed by Butler at Villanova.
- FS1 has men’s college basketball action tonight with Colorado at UCLA.
- NBC Sports has doubleheader men’s college basketball action today with St. Bonaventure at Dayton followed by St. Joseph’s at Davidson.
- Colony (USA Network): Repeat. This past Thursday night’s episode, “Yoknapatawpha,” replays.
- Saturday Night Live (NBC): Repeat. Adam Driver hosted with musical guest Chris Stapleton.
- Suits (USA Network): Repeat. This past Wednesday night’s episode, “Self Defense,” replays.
Saturday TV Marathons
Diagnosis (Hallmark Movies & Mysteries): Has 16 episodes.
Good Times (TV One): Has 14 episodes early.
House, M.D. (WEtv): Has 17 episodes.
Law & Order (TNT): Six episodes early.
Law & Order: Special Victims Unit (ION): Has 16 episodes.
NCIS (USA Network): Has 13 episodes.
Reba (TV Land): Has 12 episodes today.
The Rifleman (AMC): Has 17 episodes early.
Star Trek: The Next Generation (BBC America): Eight episodes.
Togetherness (HBO2): All eight first season episodes.