News & Notes
Over on cable, Bravo, Comedy Central, E!, Encore, Lifetime Movie Network, Logo, HBO, Nat Geo, Showtime, Starz, tbs, VH1 and WGN America have the Stand Up to Cancer special, Cinemax has the series premiere of Quarry, Food Network has the third season premiere of Burgers, Brew & ‘Que, History has a Mirage Men special, NFL Network has the second season premiere of The Timeline, and Showtime has a Martin Lawrence Doin’ Time: Uncut comedy special.
On streaming, Amazon drops the first season of One Mississippi as of this morning.
Masters of Illusion (The CW): New. Magicians Greg Gleason, Jonathan Pendragon, Jarrett and Raja, Chris Korn, Jen Kramer and Barry and Stuart perform.
Masters of Illusion (The CW): Repeat. Magicians Tommy Wind, Murray SawChuck, Trigg Watson, Farrell Dillion, Jason Bird, Tom Burgoon and Jonathan Pendragon perform.
Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives (Food Network): New. Guy tries some “Sausage, Seafood and Shawarma.” Runs 30 minutes. Plays again later.
Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives (Food Network): Repeat. Guy gets “Smoked, Grilled and Fired.” Runs 30 minutes. Plays again later.
Dark Matter (Syfy): New. “Wish I’d Spaced You When I Had the Chance.” Plays again later. Another new episode follows.
- Burger, Brews & ‘Que (Food Network): Season Premiere. Michael checks out some “Barbecue in the Big Apple.” Runs 30 minutes.
- Quarry (Cinemax): Series Premiere. Crime drama set in 1972 about a Marine that has returned from Vietnam and finds it a difficult transition back with his family and the general public. He then begins a slow slide into a life of crime. Runs 80 minutes. Plays three times.
- ESPN has men’s semifinals coverage of the U.S. Open tennis tournament tonight.
- ESPN2 has mixed doubles finals coverage of the U.S. Open tennis tournament today and later as Friday Night College Football with Louisville at Syracuse.
- MLB Network has a game today and another tonight.
- Dark Matter (Syfy): New. “Sometimes in Life You Don’t Get to Choose.” Plays again later.
- Mr. Robot (USA Network): Repeat. This past Wednesday night’s episode, “eps.2.8_h1dden-pr0cess.axx,” replays. Runs 61 minutes.
Friday TV Marathons
Blue Bloods (WGN America): Nine episodes today.
Bones (TNT): Seven episodes today.
Burgers, Brew & ‘Que (Food Network): Has 12 episodes today.
Hawaii Five-0 (TNT): Five episodes in late night.
Law & Order (SundanceTV): Eight episodes tonight into late night.
Law & Order: Special Victims Unit (USA Network): Has 12 episodes.
Numb3rs (ION): Seven episodes today.
The Simpsons (FXX): Has 12 episodes tonight.
Star Trek (BBC America): Has episodes all day today, tomorrow and Sunday.