News & Notes
Tonight, The CW has the second season premiere of DC’s Legends of Tomorrow and the 12th season premiere of Supernatural.
Over on cable, Food Network has the 31st season premiere of Chopped, MTV has the series premieres of The Almost Impossible Game Show and Acting Out, and USA Network has the series premiere of Falling Water.
On streaming, Netflix drops the Mascots mockumentary and Seeso has the second season premiere of Bajillion Dollar Properties as of this morning.
Rosewood (FOX): New. A body is found on a booze cruise and the investigation takes Villa and Rosewood into the world of ocean treasure hunters. Runs 59 minutes.
Pitch (FOX): New. Mike gets injured and it could keep him out of the MLB All-Star Game. Ginny tries finding a balance between career and personal life. Starts a minute before the hour and runs 61 minutes.
The Blacklist (NBC): New. Tom decides to go his own way as the task force tracks and eco-terrorist that may have ties to Kirk.
Grey’s Anatomy (ABC): New. Alex attempts the right thing. Jackson and April continue to get used to being parents. Meredith and Nathan talk about what is happening between them.
Chopped (Food Network): Season Premiere. Morgastarta Swedish layer cake, prickly produce and eggplant are some of the ingredients that have to be used. Plays again later.
Better Things (FX): New. Situations are encountered by Sam. Runs 34 minutes. Plays again later two times.
- DC’s Legends of Tomorrow (The CW): Season Premiere. Historian Dr. Nate Heywood makes a discovery and then goes to Oliver Queen for help in finding Legends that have scattered. Once back together they try to keep Albert Einstein safe.
- Falling Water (USA Network): Series Premiere. Three people that don’t know each other find that they may be sharing a subconscious link while dreaming. Runs 63 minutes. Plays again later. I really like the premise, but found this first episode confusing. Listen to my short spoiler-free preview for more on Falling Water.
- Insecure (HBO): Repeat. This past Sunday night’s series premiere episode, “Insecure as F**k,” replays. Runs 30 minutes.
- Quarry (Cinemax): Repeat. This past Friday’s episode, “Coffee Blues,” replays. Runs 55 minutes.
- CBS has Thursday Night Football with the Denver Broncos at the San Diego Chargers.
- FS1 has National League Divisional Series action with the Los Angeles Dodgers at the Washington Nationals.
Thursday TV Marathons
Blue Bloods (ION): Has 14 episodes.
Law & Order (SundanceTV): Eight episodes tonight.
Law & Order: Criminal Intent (WEtv): Five episodes today.
Law & Order: Special Victims Unit (USA Network): Has 14 episodes.
Star Trek: The Next Generation (BBC America): Nine episodes today.