The new show The Tudors, which plays â€œEpisode 3â€ tonight, has already been renewed for a second season by Showtime. The Dresden Files on Sci Fi Channel has its first season finale tonight and then the â€œPilotâ€ episode of Painkiller Jane replays right after it. The new FOX drama Drive begins its two night, three episode premiere tonight. BBC America is running the first seven episodes of Robin Hood today in what they have dubbed, â€œThe Tax Free Marathon.â€ In â€œarenâ€™t there enough award shows alreadyâ€ news, The Food Network Awards will air tonight. What are they going to present to the winners, the Foody? What will you be watching tonight?
Drive (FOX): Series Premiere. The stories of the participants in a secret cross country road race, where each joins for their own reason. It stars Nathan Fillion (Firefly) and is produced by Tim Minear who has helped bring such short-lived shows as Firefly, Wonderfalls and The Inside to FOX. That is three great shows that died an early death, which doesnâ€™t leave me feeling all that good about this show, no matter how good it is. Runs two hours and another episode plays tomorrow before 24.
Brothers & Sisters (ABC): New. It is the Walkers against the Jones in a family game night rematch that had been a long time coming. I am sure that it will be quite the spectacle.
The Amazing Race: All-Stars (CBS): New. The continuing adventures of former contestants and their attempt to win it all this time.
Desperate Housewives (ABC): New. Tom starts to get a little nervous about a new employee at the pizzeria who has a thing for his wife. Susan ponders the idea of leaving Wisteria Lane. A deep dark secret is uncovered.
Without a Trace (CBS): New. A stuntman has gone missing. The last time anyone saw him was doing an incredibly dangerous stunt. The team searches for him.
The Staircase Murders (Lifetime): Released 2007. Treat Williams (Everwood) stars as best-selling author Michael Peterson who is accused of murdering his wife, but he claims she fell down the stairs. Based on a true story and runs two hours.
The Dresden Files (Sci Fi): Season Finale. A former gang member is killed mysteriously and Murphyâ€™s father has come for a visit. Plays again later.
- Blood Ties (Lifetime): New. While Vicki is investigating missing homeless people, Mike connects Henry to a bunch of unsolved womenâ€™s murders. Plays again later.
- Cold Case (CBS): New. Back in 2005 a guy was killed after getting in the middle of a human-trafficking syndicate. The case gets reopened after new evidence is uncovered.
- Entourage (HBO): New. Eric is trying to have some alone time with Sloan, while Drama and Turtle try to pick up a couple of dates at the dog park.
- The Food Network Awards (Food Network): New. Awards are given to people, gadgets, places and more that are food related and pop culture relevant. Emeril Lagasse hosts. Runs 90 minutes and plays again later.
- The Riches (FX): Repeat. Last Mondayâ€™s episode, â€œThe Big Floss,â€ replays. Runs 64 minutes.
- The Sopranos (HBO): New. At the â€œCleaverâ€ premiere, Tony finds that art really can imitate life.
- ABC has an NBA doubleheader with the Chicago Bulls at the Washington Wizards followed by the San Antonio Spurs at the Dallas Mavericks.
- ESPN has Sunday Night Baseball with the San Diego Padres at the Los Angeles Dodgers.
- FOX has NASCAR Racing with the Nextel Cup: Samsung 500.
- NBA TV has the New York Knicks at the Toronto Raptors.
- NBC has an NHL Playoff game.
- Versus has an NHL Playoff doubleheader.
- Painkiller Jane (Sci Fi): Repeat. The series â€œPilotâ€ episode from Friday night replays. It was a bit disjointed, but showed some potential. Hopefully, this can be worked out after a couple of episodes, as it did with The Dresden Files.
- The Shield (FX): Repeat. Last Tuesdayâ€™s episode, â€œBaptism by Fire,â€ replays where Vic tries to locate Lemâ€™s killer however he can. Runs 66 minutes.
BBC America has the first seven episodes of Robin Hood, which have been a whole lot of fun to watch.
TLC has 13 episodes of American Chopper, some which play a couple of times.
Subscribe and get Tonight on the Tube in your inbox.