Happy Mother’s Day! Tonight is the season finale of Survivor: Fiji on CBS and the series finale of 7th Heaven on The CW. ABC and FOX shows have their season finales next Sunday, May 20th. BBC America has the season finale of Footballers Wives: Overtime. Lifetime has renewed the vampire detective series Blood Ties for a second 10-episode season. Entourage on HBO ends this second part of the third season on June 3rd and the fourth season begins on June 17th. June 3rd is also the season premiere date for the return of The 4400 and The Dead Zone on USA. I am looking forward to that. How about you? Any summer shows you are looking forward to, as the regular TV season comes to a close in the next couple of weeks?
The Simpsons (FOX): New. Santaâ€™s Little Helper rescues Homer from a cornfield maze and then gets to go to the police dog academy. Next Sunday is the 400th episodes and the season finale. It will have Kiefer Sutherland and Mary Lynn Rajskub voicing their 24 characters, Jack Bauer and Chloe O’Brian.
The Simpsons (FOX): Repeat. Homer starts driving the ice cream truck when he loses his job at the plant.
Desperate Housewives (ABC): New. Plenty of wedding news and maybe a health scare for Lynette.
Brothers & Sisters (ABC): New. Tommy and Julia have to make a decision regarding their newborn twins. Sarah and Joe figure out what they are going to do in their marriage. Justin has to face his future with the help of an unlikely person.
Shrek (NBC): Released 2001. Shrek the Third comes out this Friday, so why not relive the original with some never before seen footage being promised. Runs two hours.
Thank God Youâ€™re Here (NBC): Repeat. Wayne Knight doesnâ€™t win the award from Dave Foley, but he was the funniest on this installment of the show.
Emeril Live (Food Network): New. Emeril whips up dishes with ingredients from the Manhattan Fruit Exchange.
The Sopranos (HBO): New. The tension between the New York and New Jersey families is on the rise.
Entourage (HBO): New. Eric and Vince have decided to do whatever they can to get â€œMedelinâ€ back up and running. Drama is nervous about his show on premiere night. Turtle meets a girl who is as in to sneakers as he is. Runs 30 minutes.
- Blood Ties (Lifetime): New. Vicki gets hired to investigate a fertility clinic that may actually be a cult.
- The Shield (FX): Repeat. Last Tuesdayâ€™s episode, â€œChasing Ghosts,â€ replays where Vic finally learns who killed Lem. Runs 67 minutes.
- ABC has the Detroit Pistons at the Chicago Bulls in NBA Playoff action.
- ESPN has Sunday Night Baseball with the Detroit Tigers at the Minnesota Twins.
- NBC has the final round of The Players Championship with Phil Mickelson in contention.
- TNT has an NBA Playoff game with the Utah Jazz at the Golden State Warriors.
- Versus has NHL Playoffs with the Anaheim Ducks at the Detroit Red Wings.
- The Riches (FX): Repeat. Last Mondayâ€™s episode, â€œCinderella,â€ replays where the Malloy family must through a dinner party to help Wayne get a partnership. Runs 68 minutes.
Motherâ€™s Day TV Marathons
BBC America has nine episodes of Absolutely Fabulous.
Bravo has five episodes of The Real Housewives of Orange County.
Discovery Channel has five episodes of Oil, Sweat and Rigs and then 10 episodes of Deadliest Catch.
ESPN2 has nine episodes of U.S. Poker Championship.
ESPN Classic has seven episodes of American Gladiators.
MTV has eight episodes of the second season of Beauty and the Geek.
TLC has seven episodes of What Not to Wear.
TNT has six episodes of Law & Order leading up to the NBA Playoff game and then another three after it.
VH1 has the five hour countdown of the 100 Greatest One Hit Wonders.
Subscribe and get Tonight on the Tube in your inbox.