Tonight NBC gets their singing game show to the small screen first with The Singing Bee, as FOX debuts theirs, Don’t Forget the Lyrics, tomorrow night. On Food Network you will find Glutton for Punishment making is debut. But, the most exciting show of the night is the return of Eureka on Sci Fi Channel. Next week is the series premiere of The Bill Engvall Show on TBS. Will you be tuning into Eureka tonight?
78th MLB All-Star Game (FOX): From AT&T Park in San Francisco, the AL vs. the NL for home field advantage in the World Series. The festivities begin at 8:00 p.m. ET and are scheduled for about three hours.
NCIS (CBS): Repeat. When a Marine intelligence officer is found dead in a small town the team investigates.
Veronica Mars (The CW): Repeat. The Dean has reinstated the Greek system and at a big party to celebrate that fact Veronica, Piz, Mac and Wallace search for the drinks that have been spiked with special coasters.
Law & Order: Special Victims Unit (NBC): Repeat. Tim Daly guests as a preacher who is accused of murder until his wife comes forward with a taped conversation that could shed some light.
Good Eats (Food Network): Repeat. Alton Brown uses some twisted logic.
Dinner: Impossible (Food Network): Repeat. Fourteen authentic dishes must be prepared in just hours for 500 cowboys and cowgirls on a cattle drive.
Eureka (Sci Fi): Season Premiere. People around town are spontaneously combusting and bizarre theories as to what is going on start to be bandied about. Plays again later. I am looking forward to the beginning of the new season. Recently, TVaholic got a chance to tour the sets of Eureka. It was a great experience and some of the sets are truly amazing, in both detail and, in the case of the Global Dynamics set, size. Also, you may be interested in the Q&A session with the Eureka Cast, they really do have great chemistry, which I think shows on screen.
Build It Bigger (Discovery Channel): New. Watch as roller coasters get designed and built with Danny Foster. Plays again later.
- Dirty Jobs (Discovery Channel): New. A snake farm in Texas is visited. For Mike’s sake, I hope the snakes aren’t also bigger in Texas. Plays again later.
- Glutton for Punishment (Food Network): Series Premiere. Bob Blumer, known as “The Surreal Gourmet,” travels the world to participate in pretty much any food related contest that is out there. Tonight he heads to the Hatch Chili Festival in New Mexico. Plays again later.
- Throwdown With Bobby Flay (Food Network): New. It’s a “Hot Browns” throwdown with chefs in Louisville, KY. Plays again later.
- World Series of Pop Culture (VH1): New. Episode two plays as the first round continues. Plays again later.
- FOX has the 78th MLB All-Star Game from AT&T Park in San Francisco.
- Versus has Stage 3 of the Tour de France with multiple replays over the day.
- Painkiller Jane (Sci Fi): Repeat. Last Friday’s episode, “Something Nasty in the Neighborhood,” replays.
Sci Fi has eight episodes of Dead Like Me beginning early.
Subscribe and get Tonight on the Tube via email.