Saturdays are the low point for TV, but next week as new shows premiere, you will find that next Saturday becomes second chance Saturday on the networks. Like, NBC will be replaying the series premiere of Chuck and the season premiere of Heroes next week. CBS will do so as well, like this week with Kid Nation. This will probably only last a few weeks into the season, as it has in past seasons. The TVaholic thinks it should become a permanent feature of the Saturday night TV lineup, where the networks replay some of their key episodes and best shows each week. What do you think of the idea of a second chance Saturday?
Saturday Night College Football (ABC): Tonight it looks like you will get a PAC-10 match-up with the Washington State Cougars traveling down to take on the (1) USC Trojans or the Iowa Hawkeyes at the (9) Wisconsin Badgers depending on your region. Broadcast begins at 8:00 p.m. ET and is schedule to run about 3½ hours.
Kid Nation (CBS): Repeat. The series premiere episode from Wednesday replays.
Law & Order: Criminal Intent (NBC): Repeat. A reporter finds out he has been poisoned and thinks it is related to a story he is working on. New season premieres October 4th on USA.
Medium (NBC): Repeat. Last season’s finale, “Everything Comes to a Head,” replays. The new season waits in the wings for midseason.
Torchwood (BBC America): Repeat. Last week’s episode where a sex starved alien being took over a woman’s body and started killing off local men with her voracious appetite replays.
Torchwood (BBC America): New. Gwen takes a piece of alien technology of a thug trying to get away and then starts to have strange dreams about a lonely young boy.
Trading Spaces: Thrills and Spills (TLC): New. Funny moments and embarrassing situations with the designers on the show are shown. Plays again later.
- Emeril Live (Food Network): Repeat. Emeril cooks up some tasty pizzas. Plays again later.
- Heavyweights (Food Network): New. Profile of the battle between Domino’s and Pizza Hut is shown. Plays again later. Then an episode about the potato chip companies is played. Both play again later.
- ABC has (10) Penn State at Michigan in most markets and Saturday Night College Football later. See Prime Pick above for more info.
- CBS has (12) South Carolina at (2) LSU.
- ESPN has three college football games today with the one in the middle being Northwestern at (8) Ohio State.
- ESPN2 has college football then NASCAR racing with the Busch Series: RoadLoans.com 200 followed by two more college football games.
- FOX has MLB action with FOX Saturday Baseball.
- FOX Sports has college football games for your area.
- NBC has Michigan State at Notre Dame.
- Versus has a college football game.
- It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia (FX): Repeats. The two episodes from Thursday night, “Dennis and Dee’s Mom is Dead” and “The Gang Gets Held Hostage,” both replay.
- MADtv (FOX): New. Jeff Probst hosts and a collection
- Saturday Night Live (NBC): Repeat. Hosted by Jake Gyllenhaal and the musical guest was The Shins. The 33rd season premiere is next week with host LeBron James and musical guest Kanye West.
- Talkshow With Spike Feresten (FOX): New. Brian Baumgartner (The Office) is his guest tonight.
of past sketches that parody various TV shows are shown.
ABC Family is playing 13 episodes from the first season of Ugly Betty today.
Bravo has the five part series, The 100 Greatest TV Characters.
Disney Channel has 13 episodes of The Suite Life of Zach & Cody.
GSN plays Match Game episodes all morning to honor the passing of Bret Somers.
MTV has 15½ hours of So You Think You Can Dance.
MTV2 has five hours of Bam’s Unholy Union.