ABC has the series premieres of Private Practice and Dirty Sexy Money. CBS has the season premieres of Criminal Minds and CSI: NY. NBC has the time period premiere of Deal or No Deal and the series premieres of Bionic Woman and Life. Over on cable, Sci Fi has the season premiere of Ghost Hunters, BBC America has the season finale of Hotel Babylon and TBS has the season finale of Tyler Perry’s House of Payne.
The premiere episodes of Back to You and a few other FOX shows and the premiere episode of Gossip Girl on The CW are all available for download free atand .
Back to You (FOX): New. Chuck is trying to prove his worth by taking care of a goldfish that someone gave him, while Gary has a shocking report on the use of stun guns.
‘Til Death (FOX): New. Eddie and Joy don’t get invited to an elderly neighbors funeral and feel left out.
Private Practice (ABC): Series Premiere. The Grey’s Anatomy spin-off with Addison heading out for a new job in California, but she doesn’t seem to be expected by her new co-workers. She must prove herself on her very first case. Runs 61 minutes.
Dirty Sexy Money (ABC): Series Premiere. Nick George’s father was the chief counsel for a wealthy and influential family until his mysterious death. The head of the family offers him the position his father had held and he reluctantly takes it.
Deal or No Deal (NBC): Time Period Premiere. You can watch more random selection of cases in an attempt to win money. Dancing With the Stars, Kid Nation and America’s Next Top Model are the other possible selections tonight. Given the Prime Picks above in the same time period, there is no reason that Pushing Daises shouldn’t do well in this timeslot next week when it premieres, as Back to You is the only other show remotely worth watching.
Bionic Woman (NBC): Series Premiere. Really liked the potential this episode sets up, given all the storylines they cram into it. This show, more than any other, screamed out for a two-hour premiere to kick things off. Will definitely be tuning in next week to see where they begin to take things.
Life (NBC): Series Premiere. Really like the overall mystery they have set up and the conflicted storyline they gave the partner, but wasn’t sold on the main character. I know he spent 12 years in prison for a crime he didn’t commit, but he just comes off as a bit too strange in the first episode. I mean did he really only read one book on Zen the whole time he was in there. Of NBC’s four new shows, I liked this one the least, but it does have some potential. Will give it a couple more episodes to see what they do with it.
Good Eats (Food Network): Repeats. Alton whips up some waffles in the first and pancakes in the second. Both play again later.
Tyler Perry’s House of Payne (TBS): Season Finale. Three new episodes play tonight to close out the season. Runs 90 minutes. The season premiere replays right after.
- Criminal Minds (CBS): Season Premiere. The team shuts down a campus and after creating a profile of the perpetrator, they start to have doubts when a suspect is brought in. Am looking forward to seeing how they wrote Mandy Patinkin’s character out in future episodes.
- CSI: NY (CBS): Season Premiere. The team investigates blood found on the crown of the Statue of Liberty.
- Gossip Girl (The CW): New. Seemed to be very similar to every other show in this genre. Actually found the Gossip Girl voice over, sorry Kristen Bell, the most annoying part of the show. Granted, I am not in the show’s target demographic. This week, Serena takes Dan to a fundraiser brunch given by Chuck after receiving a cold reception from Blair. Blair thinks about letting Jenny into her inner circle, as it may benefit her.
- ESPN has Wednesday Night Baseball with the Atlanta Braves at the Philadelphia Phillies.
- ESPN2 has the first semi-final of the FIFA Women’s World Cup soccer match.
- Damages (FX): Repeat. Last night’s episode, “Do You Regret What We Did?,” replays.
- It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia (FX): Repeats. The two episodes from last Thursday night, “Dennis and Dee’s Mom is Dead” and “The Gang Gets Held Hostage,” replay.
Bravo has Top Chef episodes most of the day.
E! has the five part, five hour 101 Sexiest Celebrity Bodies.
MTV has eight episodes of Beauty and the Geek.
Nickelodeon has 12 episodes of The Fresh Prince of Bel Air late.
Sci Fi has eight episodes of The X-Files early.