Tonight on network TV we have the season premiere of 30 Rock on NBC and Supernatural on The CW. Over on cable we have the season premieres of TNA iMPACT! on Spike, Drawn Together on Comedy Central and Law & Order: Criminal Intent on USA.
My Name Is Earl (NBC): New. Craig T. Nelson (The District, Coach) guest stars as the warden of Earl’s prison and Randy is still having trouble without Earl.
30 Rock (NBC): Season Premiere. Jack has a wacky plan to insert footage from Seinfeld into NBC’s current shows. He calls it “SeinfeldVision.” Jerry Seinfeld guest stars as himself. This show ranks up their with Scrubs, The Office and How I Met Your Mother, as the best half hour comedies on network TV right now.
Grey’s Anatomy (ABC): New. Burke’s mom comes to the hospital to pick up his things. Lexie tries to talk with Meredith, who is unwilling to listen. An explosion at an apartment building brings a lot of wounded into the emergency room for treatment. Runs 62 minutes.
Without a Trace (CBS): New. A father and his daughter go missing. He works as a crime scene cleaner and the team thinks it may have something to do with their disappearance.
Smallville (The CW): New. Lois is back and she and Clark come across his cousin Kara’s spaceship. Clark finally starts his training at the Fortress of Solitude. Meanwhile, Lex discovers something shocking about Lana and his 33.1 experiments.
The Office (NBC): New. Ryan makes a visit to the office, as he is attempting to bring the company into the digital age. Angela is still upset over the death of her cat. Runs 61 minutes.
ER (NBC): New. New measures are continuing to be put in place. Neela wants out of the hospital. Abby is working on a woman with a stomachache.
Iron Chef America (Food Network): Repeat. Iron Chef Morimoto faces off against Chef Aaron Sanchez. Plays again later.
Food Network Challenge (Food Network): Repeat. A cake battle is waged between five contestants for a $10,000 prize. Plays again later.
Law & Order: Criminal Intent (USA): Season Premiere. A new season on a new network begins with Eames taking another look at her late husband’s death after the death of his former partner raises her suspicions. Plays again later.
- CSI: Crime Scene Investigation (CBS): New. A go-cart racer brought his hobby out onto the open road and ends up dead. The CSIs look into it. A murder at a restaurant where you dine in the dark is also investigated.
- It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia (FX): New. In the first of two episodes, the gang gets a really great offer on the bar and in the second, the gang tries their hand at creating a public access show. Runs 64 minutes and plays twice.
- Mad Men (AMC): New. Peggy is having trouble with an assignment. Don is finding Roger’s problems a new source of opportunity. Plays twice and then again later.
- Supernatural (The CW): Season Premiere. The guys have realized what a job it is going to be, having to track down all the escaped demons from Devil’s Gate. They head off to investigate a sighting in Nebraska that looks to have something to do with the seven deadly sins.
- ESPN has Thursday Night College Football with Kentucky at South Carolina.
- TBS has tripleheader MLB Division Playoff action with the Colorado Rockies at the Philadelphia Phillies in Game 2, followed by the New York Yankees at the Cleveland Indians in Game 1 and then the Chicago Cubs at the Arizona Diamondbacks in Game 2.
Oxygen has 18 episodes of Snapped tonight.
Sci Fi has eight episodes of Threshold early, which includes the four episodes that never aired on CBS.
USA has 14 episodes of Law & Order: Criminal Intent.