Tonight is the season premiere of Friday Night Lights on NBC. On cable we have the season finale of Doctor Who on Sci Fi Channel. Also, The N has the series premiere of About a Girl and the season premiere of Degrassi: The Next Generation. You will find a replay of this week’s Bionic Woman on Sci Fi right before the three hour Sci Fi Friday block.
Pushing Daisies (ABC): Repeat. The season premiere episode, “Pie-lette,” replays. This is an unbelievably quirky, but thoroughly enchanting show. For being the first episode of a show, the cast chemistry seemed incredible. If you didn’t watch this on Wednesday, give it a shot tonight, as it is worth the time.
Friday Night Lights (NBC): Season Premiere. One of the best shows on TV makes its second season debut. The TVaholic is so glad that NBC decided to bring this show back. Read review. You will find an 11 episode marathon on Bravo today.
Numb3rs (CBS): New. Can you say ripped from the headlines? The team looks into the murder of a woman at a Hollywood Hills mansion that is home to an up-and-coming star.
Are You Smarter than a 5th Grader? (FOX): New. A new class is introduced.
Private Practice (ABC): Repeat. This past Wednesday’s episode replays.
Las Vegas (NBC): New. The new owner of the Montecito, played by Tom Selleck, is about to make some changes at the casino. This puts friendships at risk, as Danny is unsure that he will become the new president. Sam is still doing the therapy thing and decides to make a new friend at her therapist’s request.
Doctor Who (Sci Fi): Season Finale. Matha must save the world after the Doctor is imprisoned and Earth has been conquered. Plays again later.
Flash Gordon (Sci Fi): New. After another trip through a rift, Flash, Baylin and Zarkov end up in Nascent City and learn of Dr. Gordon’s death for treason. Will Flash believe that is what happened? Plays again later.
Stargate Atlantis (Sci Fi): Season Premiere. A dangerous mission to the Replicator home world to retrieve a power source for Atlantis, before it runs out, is undertaken. Plays again later. Read review.
- K-Ville (FOX): Repeat. The second episode, “Cobb’s Web,” replays.
- Moonlight (CBS): New. Last week’s premiere was terrible, but the TVaholic wants to see what they have done in this episode after getting all the changes and reshoots for the “Pilot” out of the way. I don’t think it could actually get worse. Last week’s premiere is available at iTunes and Amazon Unbox at no charge right now.
- Monk (USA): Repeat. The “Mr. Monk and His Biggest Fan” episode replays. Sarah Silverman guest stars.
- ESPN has Friday Night College Football with Utah at Louisville.
- TBS has MLB Divisional Playoff games with the New York Yankees at the Cleveland Indians for Game 2 and then the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim at the Boston Red Sox for Game 2.
- House (USA): Repeat. The season four premiere, “Alone,” replays. It looks like the entire season will replay in late night on USA, just a week behind, as it did last year.
A&E has five episodes of CSI: Miami tonight.
Bravo has 11 episodes from the first season of Friday Night Lights to get you ready for tonight’s season two premiere.
MTV has nine episodes of America’s Next Top Model.
Oxygen has 14 episodes of Living Single early.
Sci Fi has eight episodes of Dark Angel early.
Spike has eight episodes of Disorderly Conduct: Video on Patrol early.
VH1 has five episodes of And You Don’t Stop: 30 Years of Hip Hop.