No premieres or finales tonight. So, the TVaholic thought he would give a quick rundown of what you will find on a Tonight on the Tube post. Basically, if you were going to watch three straight hours of TV tonight, between the five networks, then the Prime Picks would be your best bet for each hour of primetime. Solid Selections are the second best bet. Cable Choices are the best bets for each hour of primetime on cable TV. Other Options is an alphabetical listing of shows on both network and cable that might be of interest. Sports Notes are major sporting events you might want to check out. Late Night, which there aren’t any listings for tonight, are shows found in the three to four hours after the normal primetime period. These usually consist of replays of episodes from the last week. TV Marathons is a listing of blocks of the same show that last at least five hours. So, five hour long episodes or 10 half hour ones would be the minimum to make the list. But, usually consist of things like today’s 14 straight episodes of Law & Order: Criminal Intent on USA.
My Name Is Earl (NBC): New. Michael Rapaport (The War at Home, Boston Public) guest stars as a fellow inmate that Earl and Joy both know.
30 Rock (NBC): New. Liz is trying to get her life back on track while Jack is hot after a promotion, but his nemesis has returned. Will Arnett (Arrested Development) guest stars.
Grey’s Anatomy (ABC): New. The new interns are all taken with how good George is at everything. Lexie gets minimal help from Meredith when dealing with her first emergency room patient. Richard and Sloan try a new procedure. Runs 63 minutes.
Without a Trace (CBS): New. A mother who believes her son was tortured and murdered while doing volunteer work in Guatemala has gone missing and the team searches for her.
Smallville (The CW): New. Kara is trying to make new friends and fit in on Earth. Yet, Clark wants her to keep kind of a low profile. She ends up entering a beauty pageant and her competition is a triumvirate of meteor freaks.
The Office (NBC): New. It time for a “Launch Party” for the new website. Michael thinks he may be going to New York for it. Dwight tries to out sell the new website.
ER (NBC): New. A teenage wrestler that keeps vomiting comes into the emergency room and the cause turns out to be quite serious.
Good Eats (Food Network): Repeat. Alton cooks with tofu. Plays again later.
Throwdown With Bobby Flay (Food Network): Repeat. The challenge is “Puffy Tacos.” Plays again later.
American Chopper (TLC): New. The guys start building a bike that will run on alternate fuels. Plays again later.
Law & Order: Criminal Intent (USA): New. Logan and Falacci investigate when a fertility doctor is murdered. Plays again later.
- CSI: Crime Scene Investigation (CBS): New. The daughter of a family is left alive when her entire family is murdered. She claims to be possessed.
- It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia (FX): New. Two new episodes play. In the first, Dee dates a famous local rapper. Runs 32 minutes. In the second, Dee gets mugged and starts taking boxing lessons from Frank. Runs 33 minutes. Both play twice.
- The Next Iron Chef (Food Network): Repeat. The first episode, where speed and artistry is measured, replays. Plays again later.
- Mad Men (AMC): New. It is election night and the staff is pulling an all-nighter. Plays twice and again later.
- ESPN has Thursday Night College Football with Florida State at Wake Forest.
- TBS has Game 1 of the National League Championship Series with the Colorado Rockies at the Arizona Diamondbacks.
Bravo has six episodes of Top Chef.
E! has the five part 101 Most Sensational Crimes of Fashion!.
Oxygen has six episodes of Fight Girls early, followed by 15 episodes of Snapped.
Sci Fi has eight episodes of The Outer Limits early.
USA has 14 episodes of Law & Order: Criminal Intent.