News & Notes
In new timeslot news, The CW is giving Reaper a shot in the post-Smallville slot for the next few weeks.
In renewal news, The CW has picked up Smallville and Supernatural for next season.
Lost (ABC): Repeat. Last week’s episode, “The Constant,” replays.
Lost (ABC): New. Juliet is ordered to stop Charlotte and Faraday from completing their mission by an unwelcome visitor. Ben makes Locke and offer he might not be able to refuse.
Eli Stone (ABC): New. Eli has to go before the bar for a fitness review after his recent song-and-dance routine in court.
The Office (NBC): Repeat. The “Money” episode from this season has Michael trying to fix his debt problems, but the best part is Jim and Pam staying at Dwight’s family farm.
New Amsterdam (FOX): New. Really liked the first episode. Thought they did a reaaly great job of introducing the character and his history. Liked how they did it over the course of the episode and didn’t just dump it all on you in the first couple of minutes. Tonight, Amsterdam and his new partner are investigating a death at a private school. The show moves to its regular Monday timeslot next week after the debut of Canterbury’s Law.
Lipstick Jungle (NBC): New. Victory finds out that her former assistant stole some of her designs. Nico and Kirby are back together. This show is growing on me a bit, it is still depressing for the most part, but now that I understand it to be pretty much a drama and not a comedy-drama hybrid like Cashmere Mafia or Sex and the City, it makes for a better show. It is funny how expectations play into what you think about something. If I had been expecting a heavy drama, I might have liked it better. What about you, what do you think about the show so far?
Friends (TBS): Repeats. First up is “The One With the Ballroom Dancing,” where Monica and Rachel might be losing their place and then is “The One With Joey’s New Girlfriend,” where Chandler finds himself increasingly attracted to Joey’s new girlfriend, played by Paget Brewster (Criminal Minds).
American Chopper (TLC): New. The guys continue work on the Craftsman/Diehard bike. Plays again later.
Breaking Bad (AMC): Repeat. Last Sunday’s episode, “Crazy Handful of Nothin’,” replays, where Walter has reluctantly started chemo treatments, but is working on a new batch of meth with Jesse and the DEA is closing in. Plays again later. Check out a clip from the episode below. (RSS and eMail readers may need to click to the site to view the video)
- Ace of Cakes (Food Network): New. A fall four tier wedding cake and a cake for a professional skateboarder are made. Plays again later.
- American Idol (FOX): New. Who do you think will be going home tonight? With tonight’s departures we will be down to the Top 12.
- CSI: Crime Scene Investigation (CBS): Repeat. Hodges is running fake scenarios for the others in the lab to practice their investigating skills.
- Iron Chef America (Food Network): Repeat. Last Sunday’s battle between Iron Chef Cat Cora and chef Hillson replays. Plays again later.
- Smallville (The CW): Repeat. The “Persona” episode from a few weeks ago replays, where Bizarro has taken the place of Clark and Lana doesn’t really notice. Three remaining pre-strike filmed episodes begin airing next week.
- Without a Trace (CBS): Repeat. A student makes some provocative statements during class and then disappears leaving the team to investigate what happened.
- ESPN has a college basketball doubleheader with Connecticut at Providence followed by Xavier at St. Joseph’s.
- ESPN has a college basketball doubleheader with Clemson at Georgia Tech followed by Michigan State at Illinois.
- TNT has an NBA doubleheader with the Cleveland Cavaliers at the Chicago Bulls followed by the Houston Rockets at the Dallas Mavericks.
A&E has 14 hours of The First 48 episodes.
Bravo has five episodes of Top Chef early and later nine episodes of Make Me a Supermodel.
Oxygen has 12 episodes of Roseanne.
Sci Fi has eight episodes of The X-Files early.
VH1 has five episodes of Celebrity Rehab With Dr. Drew tonight.
Lots of new episodes tonight, what will you be watching?